hindu squat?

R

Richard S.

could someone please describe this exercise to this ignorant one?

OP
B

bscastro

Let me dig up the link to some pictures...

Bryan

OP
R

Richard S.

hey thanks B, i sure would appreciate it............respects.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, the way we do these is you start squating down with the weight on your heels, you brush your finger tips across the gound when your down far enough then as you come back up you do so on the balls of your feet, then repeat.

Hope this helps

:asian:

OP
B

bscastro

Here is an article with some pictures of different exercises, including the Hindu Squat.

It's basically as Klondike said. It's sort of like rowing with the arms. Don't "bounce" when you go down and up (easy to do and I made this mistake).

http://www.testosterone.net/articles/153combat.html

I do these in one set a couple times a week. We warm up with about 30 of these before our JKD class, but I try to do them outside of class a couple times a week as well. I started out only being able to do about 40-50, but now I'm up to 150 or so straight and hope to keep climbing.

Good luck,
Bryan

OP
R

Richard S.

gentlemen, as usual, you didnt let me down. thanks very much.........respects,richard.

OP
Z

ZenYuchia

oh. thats a hindu squat I was doing those all summer. I didn't know what they were called. I saw an ad in a magazine about Hindu squats and how great they were. I thought they were supposed to be extremly difficult.

-Dave

OP
K

kenposcum

Nobody really understands how fully or how rapidly these are meant to be done. GO ALL THE WAY DOWN!!!! DO THEM FAST!!! NO, FASTER, NUMBNUTS!!!!
Get Matt Furey's "Combat Conditioning" video Legs and Lungs for the BEST demo. Ah, there's probably some on the 'net. But do them as DEEP as possible! Do them as RAPID as possible! Otherwise, sure, they're easy.
:asian:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenposcum

...Get Matt Furey's "Combat Conditioning" video Legs and Lungs for the BEST demo. ...

A friend of mine Swears by Matt Furey. My friend is in much better shape than I am too. Here is Matt's website.

http://www.mattfurey.com/

OP
A

Abbax8

The Indian Wrestlers would do squats interspersed with Cat Stretches. The ratio is 2 squats to 1 cat Stretch. So do 100 squats then 50 cat stretches.Work up 500 squats and 250 cat strtches. This is a killer workout as the numbers go up. In Comprehensive Asian Martial Arts they say the wrestlers would do 5000 squats a day as well as other training.

Peace
Dennis

OP
T

Tony Starks

ive been seeing "combat training" a lot in black belt magazines and i always dismissed it for being phony. Do u peoiple think its worth it to buy the book??

-T.S.

OP
T

TkdWarrior

This is a killer workout as the numbers go up. In Comprehensive Asian Martial Arts they say the wrestlers would do 5000 squats a day as well as other training.
that's pretty intresting, My grandpa at the age of 70 could do 500 of those without any problem(he was very fames wrestler in his peak time around 1960's i guess)
it's shame that i couldn't learn indian wrestling :mad: :(
-TkdWarrior-

OP
A

Abbax8

For a 70 year old person to do 500 squats is great. If he also added the cat stretches after, that would be incredible. My hats off to your grandfather.

Peace
Dennis

OP
T

TkdWarrior

dude my grandpa(expired in 1997) was very famed wrestler as i told u...most of old wrestler still can do those things, he taught me yoga n lots of things...tho later in his life he was more into Yoga n spiritual things... even before dying he spent time doing yoga :) he's one person i wuold like to be...
-TkdWarrior-

Jagdish

Green Belt
Reaction score
DEAR FRIEND:

MY ADVISE IS GET THE BOOK. YOU WILL FIND MORE EXERCISES FOR MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING AND IMPROVING YOU HEALTH.

YOU WILL BE ANOTHER PERSON IN 90DAYS.

YOURS,

JAGDISH

Latest Discussions