High school again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I tried contacting my good buddy NPTKD through a private message, and it said he was "grounded and couldnt come to the phone".

What gives...

only thing on his name is "seeking tranquility".... can someone give me the link to all these messages and what they mean. some people have crazy icons and slogans and other stuff. wheres the Icon Legend?

And how long is he on punishment for? can he come out and play this weekend? but theres a party.

house-party1.jpg

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well, Im sure he can still read, so I'll talk to ya when u get back....
hopefully I will remember what it was.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
you know, growing up I had friends and family who went to jail on occasion and served some time for something foolish. I tried to go visit everynow and then t let them know they still had a friend out there (and to remind myself where not to end up). It was funny at the time to walk past the visiting windows and know 7 of the 10 people sitting at the window talking to visitors... looking back it was actually kind of sad.... but that is another story for another day.

in honor of all my acquantances that were locked away, I'm gonna start the

FREE NPTKD
campaign.

Now I'm not one of those idiots whos son/brother/cousin just shot someone in fornt of witnesses and on camera and say that they are inocent and shouldn't be locked up.....

but for whatever reason (I know why) he did the crime and has to do the time.... so till you return.... I'll keep bumping....

FREE NPTKD

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If I understand his status correctly, he's permanently banned. It's not a temporary thing.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"Seeking Tranquility" means they've been such a huge pain in the *** we no longer want them here. Unlike banned members, there is a chance they can return, however unlikely.

nah.... appears he will get a chance for parole.... just dont know when....

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Considering the reply received indicated no further contact was required, I'd hazard never.

Let me make another point clear, disputing board policy, disrespecting staff, etc, are all rules violations.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow!!! He got LIFE! Man that's harsh. I did not find him offensive. To bad. He was quite reasonable to me. I think he just got sucked into a bad conversation. I tend to ignore the ones that try to do that. Again, to bad.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think he just got sucked into a bad conversation.

I'm rather certain he did far more than that. The mod staff here is quite fair - not perfect by any stretch (myself being former staff absolutely included here) but as fair as fair can be.

Given that the thread in question was locked :shrug: and a member sent to the Garden :shrug: it might do everyone well to take a few moments to review the rules of conduct on the board and, perhaps, compare them with the antics of locked threads. The exercise could be revealing ... then again, maybe not.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow!!! He got LIFE! Man that's harsh. I did not find him offensive. To bad. He was quite reasonable to me. I think he just got sucked into a bad conversation. I tend to ignore the ones that try to do that. Again, to bad.

Yeah, i found he had some good things to offer. He really only had one person rub him wrong, and provoked arguments, or ... And It usually always spiraled out of control.

In his defense, I can see how it "appears" to an outsider. And that can be extremely frustrating. Some of you longterm members either dont see it the same way or choose to ignore it. Not saying its true, dont really care, but to us "newbies" it does give the "appearance". Thats all Im saying.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me drop a very strong hint here...

Bob Hubbard already made a comment about debating policy and actions. Let me call your attention specifically to sections 4.1 and 4.6 of The Rules. If you feel there's a problem with the board moderation, take it to owner (Bob Hubbard) or one of the site administrators directly. Don't start a thread to ***** about it. Don't publicly carp and whine. That way lies disaster...

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
dont sound like i was debating. just stating my oppinion on appearance. not wishing to start a pissing contest cause I already know who will win, so whats the point?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dont sound like i was debating. just stating my oppinion on appearance. not wishing to start a pissing contest cause I already know who will win, so whats the point?

Then maybe Donkey needs to take some Shrek advice and be quiet.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The subject isn't here by his choice (he made the decisions to make the posts and emails he did having read the rules and knowing what they said.
He's not here to continue this topic.

This is only going to spiral further south.

I'm locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions