MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No, not THAT closet...
Japanese woman caught living in man's closet
By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press Writer Fri May 30, 3:21 PM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080530/ap_on_re_as/japan_closet_woman
TOKYO - A homeless woman who sneaked into a man's house and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested in Japan after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.
Police found the 58-year-old woman Thursday hiding in the top compartment of the man's closet and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from southern Kasuya town said Friday.
The resident of the home installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.
One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.

This sounds a lot like a Korean movie I like; "3-Iron" (if you haven't seen it watch it!). That this woman had been able to be in this guy's house for practically a year before being discovered, is amazing. Probably has Ninja genes or something.
But seriously, one wonders what would've happened if he caught her without police assistance.

What about you? Those hairs raising on the back of your neck for no reason because you "sense" someone else is there, that you're not alone. You search and search and find nothing, only to discover later someone is in your house.
This is a bizzare story to be sure. What do you think? What would you have done if you discovered something like this?

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I can think of is, he can't have used that closet very often or for anything very major if she spent a year living in it and he didn't see any evidence of something very strange when he opened the door to it! :confused:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is just soooo weird. The only thing he detected was missing food? Kinda creepy. I'm going to check my closet, and under the bed. :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is simply amazing, well with my kids she would have been found in a week or less. They get into everything.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"I don't know what's wrong with him honey, the dog has been barking at that closet for week....remember when Sarah dropped him as a puppy? I knew that would come back to haunt us..."

:lol:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is simply amazing, well with my kids she would have been found in a week or less. They get into everything.

How true.
icon6.gif

Makes me all the more happy that my alarm system is up and running with sensors, motion, glass break, etc. Plus when in doubt I do a serious house cleaning aka LEO style.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Neighbors had 3 guys living in the loft of their garage for months beofre he started putting things together. Dirty washing machine, despite him being a neat freak. Rumpled blankets on the bed from them sleeping ON it after he left for the day (he thought, "maybe the cat?"); missing food; etc.

Apparently, the guy who lived there before him knew the bohemians, and gave them a key to the rear door of the garage. The new guy never used the loft for anything, so it was left empty. When he looked, he saw sleeping bags and backpacks up there, and "spoke to the dark" that they had the day to pack and leave, or he was calling the PD when he got home. They left, but left him with some unsavory parting gifts to express their disdain at being asked to leave.

Goes to show; you never know.

D.

Latest Discussions