Hi, I'm new here

Gabby Pavia

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm just getting started with kyuki-do. I've never done any martial arts before but have always been curious. I'm excited to get into it and improve myself physically and mentally. Anyone else out there just starting out? What's been your experience so far?
Gabby

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Gabby, and welcome to MT—it's good to have you with us! I gather kyukido is a kind of synthesis of Korean striking and grappling arts? A lot of us would be very interested in learning about your training, what kind of hyungs and techs you do, that sort of thing. I'm always surprised at how many Korean MAs there really are out there!

I look forward to your posts! :)

OP
G

Gabby Pavia

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings, Gabby, and welcome to MT—it's good to have you with us! I gather kyukido is a kind of synthesis of Korean striking and grappling arts? A lot of us would be very interested in learning about your training, what kind of hyungs and techs you do, that sort of thing. I'm always surprised at how many Korean MAs there really are out there!

I look forward to your posts! :)

Hi L. Tolstoy,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm just getting started, my first training will actually be this coming wednesday night so I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be my first time ever! I've been giving it a lot of thought lately and I think this is something I'm going to enjoy. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Thanks for your interest and support. I'm excited to be a part of this forum!
Gabby

OP
G

Gabby Pavia

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate your support, specially as I begin my journey into the martial arts world. I'm looking forward to it but I'm sort of dreading the initial getting into shape phase. My only form of exercise for the last couple of years has been walking my dogs for about a mile everyday, so the more intense cardio work-outs will for sure be hard at first. I love a challenge and I'm getting into kyuki-do for physical/mental/spiritual improvement. I'd like to know how kyuki-do has helped any of you in your personal lives. I'd love to hear your success stories.
Gabby

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi L. Tolstoy,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm just getting started, my first training will actually be this coming wednesday night so I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be my first time ever! I've been giving it a lot of thought lately and I think this is something I'm going to enjoy. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Thanks for your interest and support. I'm excited to be a part of this forum!
Gabby

OK, Gabby, we'll look forward to your impressions. The KMA forum would be a good place to post any observations you have about kyukido.

(BTW, my username is Exile; my signature is from War and Peace, so LT's name shows up there... :) If you want to, you can add a phrase or passage at the bottom of your posts if you got to UserCP and open up Edit Signature—a lot of people do that.)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome and happy posting, Gabby! Please do keep us informed, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your first class! Best wishes!

Latest Discussions