Hi from Western Australia

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi
my name is Donna and I am studying Zen Do Kai here in Kalgoorlie Western Australia. I am currently a blue belt. I am a late starter having begun martial arts last year as a 44th birthday present to myself. My boys gave me my gi as a present. I have 4 boys and a daughter. I am enjoying reading through past posts and hope to contribute sometime.:)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Donna welcome and I know you'll enjoy your stay here, as far as your starting late in training, your at that perfect age and that is any age when you start I hope your Art brings you everything one could want from the Art.
terry

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Don't worry about being a late starter - you have more self-discipline and maturity than the young folks, anyway.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT..Don't worry about being a late starter, at least YOU STARTED instead of staying home laying on the couch and watching TV..The best of luck to you..Keep us posted as to how it's going and maybe you'll inspire someone else who believes they are too old...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Donna, Welcome to Martial Talk! :)
Never too late to start MA...I started at age 39. Hope you enjoy the board! :asian:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Donna!

Welcome to Martial Talk! So glad you joined us from the land down under. :D

That wonderful place...where it is never cold...and always beautiful..and there is no such thing as -40 and...and...:wah:

Have fun on the board! Post pics, maybe if I imagine hard enough, I can believe I am there! :D

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Donna! Welcome to MT.

I, too, started later in life. Enjoy the board. The depth of knowledge here is phenomenal!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Donna. There's plenty late starters AND 40 somethings, so you're hardly alone. :)

Enjoy the board!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome Donna! You're never too old to start martial arts. Happy posting!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Donna~!!

Nope, Age is totally irrelevant, You started and that's what counts~! Sounds like you have some good kids there :)

I was lucky to visit Sydney and surrounding areas last June, Beautiful country, hope to come back and get further west next trip~!

Enjoy the Board

~Tess

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Donna!! Enjoy your stay and please ask any questions you may have!:ultracool

Mike

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome and as for starting late? ....no such thing....if you enjoy the training....this is all that matters! ........several years ago at a seminar...I met a lady who got here black belt at 60 plus years old...Aloha

OP
donna

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for your warm welcome.I think I am going to enjoy this place:asian:

Latest Discussions