Hey ya'll....

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, while my sense of humor may not be the greatest,at least try to lighten up a bit...sometimes we all tend to go overboard,or maybe we have something to prove...this is a discussion forum,not a sentence,punishment,or judgement, I guess this is my disclaimer...nothing is absolute or written in stone.I do have respect for everyone's opinion, art or otherwise, whether you like me, agree or not.That is all.Thank you.Wing Tsun is a flexible art,attitudes likewise......

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok just remember to be civil and treat people the way you would like to be.

vatesi

White Belt
Reaction score
Ironically, martialtalk has one of the least volatile wing chun communities I've ever seen.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll, while my sense of humor may not be the greatest,at least try to lighten up a bit...sometimes we all tend to go overboard,or maybe we have something to prove...this is a discussion forum,not a sentence,punishment,or judgement, I guess this is my disclaimer...nothing is absolute or written in stone.I do have respect for everyone's opinion, art or otherwise, whether you like me, agree or not.That is all.Thank you.Wing Tsun is a flexible art,attitudes likewise......
Indeed, this should be key to any serious art. Our life should reflect our art, yielding, sensing, in tune with....... All else is nonproductive.

dosk3n

Green Belt
Reaction score
I agree Martial Talk is the least volatile Ive seen and has a very friends Chun Fu comunity.

However Coffeerox you do seem to have recieved the worst of us lol. Hopfully you will see they are generally stand up people.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many times, things are misunderstood due to the fact that we're reading, vs. hearing, what someone is trying to say, and many times, something is lost in translation. However, that issue is usually solved with simple explainations. :)

Of course, sometimes, when people think that others are being mean to them, they fail to see that their own actions could be the cause. Then usually what happens, is they complain, in the open threads, in hopes to get sympathy, instead of using the proper channels, such as reporting issues, or contacting Admins, such as people have been advised to do recently.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Other communities have more LARPers hanging out. You know, the guys who dress in black pajamas, and play on a rope swing at 3am and think they are Ninja's, or who think The Matrix is a good training tool for Kung Fu. Here, real guys, doing real arts, and while polite, helpful and that, have low tolerance for trolls, losers, wanna bes, and little kids (of all ages). But what do I know? I've been suspended so many times the jailer calls me "Norm", and my cell has my name on the door.

As to Wing Chun, nice art, but you know it wont work in the UFC right? Just saying, just saying. (Ok, troll bait placed, now to hide in the bushes and watch and record. Oh ****, I'm not supposed to write out my evil plans am I? Damn you Marvel!
:rofl:

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
It works at KFC
If I don't get my damn extra crispy chicken in a timely manner I threaten to chain punch the staff in the head .

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

The main idea for me is to never assume bad intentions and ask for clarification. If the bad intentions are confirmed (this happens very few times except for trolls) then it's ON!! It's worse than not getting my frikin extra crispy chicken extra fast!! You won't get NO CHICKEN!

You'll get nothing and you will like it!!!

I shall calm down now and resume my scheduled program.

Thus never assume personal attack, because it probably isn't.

I agree that here, in Martialtalk, the level of the practitioners is usually high and seriously committed. The reason challenges are avoided is because whole cities might be lost in the epic battles. And Mr. Hubbard doesn't want the liability.

And I've found that here, with wildly differing philosophies and methods for martial training, people tend to respect and listen to each other and converse with a good flow of information from all sides. It's the only way to enrich yourself and get even better.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings.

The main idea for me is to never assume bad intentions and ask for clarification. If the bad intentions are confirmed (this happens very few times except for trolls) then it's ON!! It's worse than not getting my frikin extra crispy chicken extra fast!! You won't get NO CHICKEN!

You'll get nothing and you will like it!!!

I shall calm down now and resume my scheduled program.

Thus never assume personal attack, because it probably isn't.

I agree that here, in Martialtalk, the level of the practitioners is usually high and seriously committed. The reason challenges are avoided is because whole cities might be lost in the epic battles. And Mr. Hubbard doesn't want the liability.

And I've found that here, with wildly differing philosophies and methods for martial training, people tend to respect and listen to each other and converse with a good flow of information from all sides. It's the only way to enrich yourself and get even better.

Now that made me actually laugh out loud, brilliant. Someone should point Bob here to see that line, its great!!

This is by far the best WC forum (no not toilet) on the net. The other one where everyone argues and never actually post much else, accused me of being an Emo. I was unsure what an Emo was so I logged out, MJM is that a flightless bird in your neck of the woods??

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now that made me actually laugh out loud, brilliant. Someone should point Bob here to see that line, its great!!

This is by far the best WC forum (no not toilet) on the net. The other one where everyone argues and never actually post much else, accused me of being an Emo. I was unsure what an Emo was so I logged out, MJM is that a flightless bird in your neck of the woods??

No your thinking of an Emu , big birds that can run fast and kick the crap out of you if you get too close to them.

I think the people on the other forum just made a typo and meant to call you an ELMO , you know , the little furry fella off sesame street.

vatesi

White Belt
Reaction score
Emo; short for emotional. Refers to those teenage kids who wear black with greasy hairstyles and listen to whiny music.

Sometimes used as a cop out response against someone who expresses 'too much' personal opinion.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am as about as threatening as Elmo:) Doubt I could take on an Emu, never been good with my legs!! And that bloody beak looks lethal!!

Lol I know what an Emo is , was just promoting some humour. Black suits me though, makes me look thinner!! My hair has too much grey in it though.....must put some "just for men" on the shopping list.

Must work on keeping those elbows in....

elmo_live.jpg

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am as about as threatening as Elmo:) Doubt I could take on an Emu, never been good with my legs!! And that bloody beak looks lethal!!

Lol I know what an Emo is , was just promoting some humour. Black suits me though, makes me look thinner!! My hair has too much grey in it though.....must put some "just for men" on the shopping list.

Must work on keeping those elbows in....

elmo_live.jpg

Those bloody big out of proportion feet would do wonders for your stance though.

Latest Discussions