Hey! Bob!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Buffalo

The approaching storm

buffalo2.jpg

Snow Emergency: six dead

I'm on the other side of the state and it is cold but the comments I keep hearing are "at least we're not Buffalo"

State is closed out that way (literally) and I wish them all the best, stay indoors if possible and wait it out...

Last edited by a moderator:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a picture floating around of a major highway in Buffalo with like 4 feet of snow covering it. That's crazy

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Bob is currently trying to dig a tunnel from his palatial mansion to the guest house to visit his harem...

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He is probably looking up from his computer with blood shot eyes, from editing his model shots...
huh? Y'alls calling me?
What snow?!

:)

Stay warm, mate!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Bob is currently trying to dig a tunnel from his palatial mansion to the guest house to visit his harem...

I'm so exhausted from dealing with this stuff....if the mythical Swedish Bikini Team showed up and said they would do absolutely anything I desired....I'd hand them snow shovels.

lol

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Short version: We're ok. 2 freezers full of food and a mostly filled pantry. South Buffalo got 4-5 feet of snow, drifts in places are 10 foot. I have 5-6 feet in my driveway between houses, no where to put the snow. Prius is in the back, under at least 5 feet of snow. I may see it again in the spring. At least 4 feet on the roof, bit concerned there. Spent 6 hours yesterday digging and blowing a path from the garage to the side of the house...made it about 40 feet total. 20-25 feet along side of house, side door still impassible. 1 hour to clear enough off front stairs to make them usable. 2 attempts at improve snowshoes, unsuccessful due to poor binding materials. Travel ban still in effect on day 3. I don't expect it ending before Sunday.

That famous pic/video of the "wall of snow"? I live behind the wall. (see below). Simply put, it's kinda sucky

Should be able to see these as I made most updates public.
Updates: https://www.facebook.com/bobmhubbard

Photos: November 2014 Winter Storm
View attachment $10671345_737405419642660_5770592218790632849_n.jpg$Google-Maps-2014-11-18-13-30-39.jpg

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That sucks man. Is this worse then normal? I just assumed they always got crazy snow up there. Stay warm buddy I'll drink some hot coffee in your honor.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Holy crap, Bob. Why would anyone voluntarily live in Buffalo, man???

Stay safe. Do you guys have alternative means of heat? Do you often lose power, or is it pretty solid?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is unusual. I believe we set a record for most snowfall in 24 hrs in the US. We basically got an entire winters snow in a day. Some people say 'better than hurricanes' Me, I say Key West sounds real good right now. :)

power should be good. Haven't heard of any power outages so far. As to heat, I've got a large amount of 2x4's on hand that can be used as firewood to create a warm zone, but otherwise if the furnace goes, nope. Should be ok though, it's in good order.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And us Brits complain about a CM of snow. Seriously, good luck to all of you lot affected. 5 five foot of snow would make Blighty shut down till next spring.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This is unusual. I believe we set a record for most snowfall in 24 hrs in the US. We basically got an entire winters snow in a day. Some people say 'better than hurricanes' Me, I say Key West sounds real good right now. :)

power should be good. Haven't heard of any power outages so far. As to heat, I've got a large amount of 2x4's on hand that can be used as firewood to create a warm zone, but otherwise if the furnace goes, nope. Should be ok though, it's in good order.
Things get really dicey around here when the heat goes out. I can only imagine it becomes very life threatening in weather like yours! :(

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so exhausted from dealing with this stuff....if the mythical Swedish Bikini Team showed up and said they would do absolutely anything I desired....I'd hand them snow shovels.

lol

Mythical? Mythical????
Dude, don't say things like that!!!

Latest Discussions