Herbal energy

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Recently, I've been having problems maintaining an energy level sufficient to do all I need to do. My diet is pretty good without too much room for tweaking there. I have been thinking about taking an herbal supplement like ginseng or royal jelly to try and increase my energy levels. I am leery of ephedra and some of the more popular synthetic supplements that are in use these days. Does anyone have any info or experience that they can share?
:idunno:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Beware of most of the energy pills/elixers you find. Most of them have guarana as a major component. Guarana=caffeine

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

OP
redfang

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, I get plenty of caffeine already. Its not what I'm looking for. I need to get consistent energy levels throughout the day. I find I'm beat all day long and don't start to come alive till later in the evening. By then its almost time for bed. This is no good.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to adjust your sleep schedule. I work straight midnight shifts, and have found out the hard way how much irregular or insufficient sleep affects your energy levels.

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

C

chufeng

Actually, it may be the caffeine that's the problem...although it gives you an initial boost (about 20 minutes worth) it then causes a significant reduction in sugar levels...chronic caffeine use eventually no longer gives you a boost but sudden withdrawal can lead to horrible headaches...
Try and slowly reduce your caffeine intake and then switch to a less potent source (green tea vs coffee or soda)...

:asian:
chufeng

OP
redfang

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll try that. I've eliminated most of the vices over the years, but coffee hasn't been one of them. Thanks.

OP
redfang

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What do the antioxidants do?

OP
redfang

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh, and I did decide to reduce my coffee intake considerably and see if that helps even me out.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You really should increase your intake of water. Your body will have a hard time adjusting at first, but eventualy you will adjust.