HELP: Any Long Beach Kenpo?

B

beachbum

I just moved to Long Beach, CA and have been here for about a month. I need to get back into training but I have no idea where to go. If you could recommend a reputable American Kenpo studio I would be most appreciative. Thank you in advance for your help. Robert

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Vic LeRoux and Chuck Sullivan out of the Long Beach area with the IKCA
here is the phone number.

714-229-0372

You can tell Vic I referred ya if your want.

OP
B

beachbum

Mark, I was under the impression that these two gentleman did not have a studio and only did tours and private lessons. Is this not true? That would be great if they have a studio! Thanks again for your help.

OP
O

Oak Bo

I looked these up, you may want to give them a call too.
Hope that helps.

8.87 miles away
Deloa's Kenpo Karate
16203 Clark Ave, Bellflower, CA 562-920-2820

9.65 miles away
Pearl of Wisdom Kenpo Karate
9242 Walker St, Cypress, CA 714-952-2669

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out Colin Van Deusen’s Power of One Self Defense Institute in Long Beach

Colin is a 5th degree under Bob White and is a great teacher. You can see more at www.powerofoneselfdefenseinstitute.com

I recommend him very strongly. He is a tremendous martial artist and a great teacher.

Regards,
Vishal Shukla

OP
R

rmcrobertson

I was lucky enough to have a teacher who lived in North Long Beach, and then I also drove to Larry Tatum's in Pasadena, from about 1995-2002. I now live farther away, and still commute twice a week. I recommend that; incidentally, the studio on Green Street is within easy walking distance of the MTA Gold Line.

OP
B

beachbum

Thank you very much to all. I will check all of these recommendations out. I appreciate your help. Robert

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Damn, I forgot. If you absolutely can't get up to Pasadena, there's a studio--I think it's called something like BBC kenpo--on Artesia Blvd. in a small storefront between Walnut Street and Orange Street...there's a guy there who teaches a Chinese wu shu style, Mr. Kang I believe his name is...I know for a fact that he's a first-rate instructor, and while I can't comment on the kenpo taught there, I'd say that you're better off always with a first-rate instructor whatever the style...and this guy's a nice man, and from what I've heard from his students, and seen personally, a wonderful, demanding teacher.

TChase

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nice avatar. I don't know anything about your area but isn't Marcus close by?

-Tom

Latest Discussions