Hello to you all!

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi-

I'm new to the forums... and what might be called an 'out of practice practitioner'. :)

As time and money allows, I'm trying to see what styles are offered here in the northern Virginia area. I studied TKD for several years when I was younger, then did a couple years of muay thai about 3 years back. The Marines taught me some very basic hand to hand techniques via the MCMAP program (the only thing I really took away from it, at the tan belt level, was a blood choke).

It has, however, been awhile since I was in a school/class/club proper. My wife asked me once, why I enjoyed martial arts so much. I told her that a lot of people enjoy dancing, and martial arts were my choice of dance. :)

I feel the need to dance again.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to reading your posts. I like your analogy, very unique way of looking at things. I hope you find what you seek and have a long, happy MA experience. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Lisa

p.s. no matter how many people tell you that I am scary like my avatar, don't believe them ;) :p

Aloha and welcome to the boards. Happy posting looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas.

V/R

Rick

Welcome back to the arts and welcome to MT, Jonathan! :)

Thanks everybody! Looking forward to some good discussion and sharing of ideas. :)

Welcome - happy posting! And what a great analogy.

Welcome Jonathan! Good to have you here.

Lisa said:
p.s. no matter how many people tell you that I am scary like my avatar, don't believe them ;) :p

And Lisa is correct. She's not scary like her avatar. She much scarier!! :ultracool

Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy!:ultracool

Mike

Greetings and welcome to MT..Happy posting...

Latest Discussions

Back