Hello people,

Ito-okita

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello guys & girls,

Just registered after a long lurking time ( I just had to be able to see Tess' profile :) ). I'm a Taekwondo-in', Jiu-jitsu throwin' Belgian guy born in '78. Been doing WTF Taekwondo for 12 years till 1st Dan (and amazed how fast some of the dojangs mentioned here award black belts) and started taking Jiu-jitsu (we europeans use the old spelling mostly) over a year ago. I joined here 'cause the atmophere is so much friendlier than over at E-budo (less bashing). Oh yeah, next to the arts I'm really into knives, no seriously I mean REALLY :) I collect them, I sharpen them, I make them... I use them. So if anyone in the knife section wants to talk knives, drop me an E-mail I'm running out of knife people to talk to :). Anyway that's about it, looking forward to joining you people in conversation.

Regards,

OP
Ito-okita

Ito-okita

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Michael, there sure seem to be a lot of Kenpo/kempo people around here, over in Belgium the art is not really that popular. Very interesting though the chinese/japanese background.

T

Tkang_TKD

Welcome to MT! :) Don't worry, all Taekwondo schools don't award rank quickly, Trust me, I know :) I've been studying almost 4 years, and still have about a year to go before I can put on 1st DAN (Kukkiwon) :asian:

OP
Ito-okita

Ito-okita

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tkang yups, I'm kukkiwon certified too and it was at least a 5 years wait for black, and not many over here do it in 5 years

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to the posts..

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, glad to have another TKD'er here. I took 4 yrs. to test for 1st dan which is the minimum time for our dojang. But I would attend 6-8 classes a week and taught/led kickboxing too. It averaged out to three to five months at each belt rank and seemed right to me but after high red more time was required. Anyway, glad to have your input. TW

Latest Discussions