Hello, I am new here

OP
kaustabh

kaustabh

White Belt
Reaction score
Thats the situation here too. Actually the first thing I saw in MT was a thread started by Xue, where he expressed his ideas about the present state of Yang style tai chi as a real martial arts. I read the thread repeatedly and found all the postings there very useful. I somehow got the page in a google search and then became a member here. I was equally eager to join the gang too.

Xingyi is a very rare art in India. I am lucky that I got a teacher. To be frank even my teacher is not sure about the style, but he says it is “Hebei”. So there is enough reason for suspicion. I never bothered about it. I have no other choice.:)

By shaolin sword I mean “Qi Men Jian”. Here the story is worse. I am almost certain there is no teacher in my state who teaches Jian(and I have doubt whether there is any in the country). There was only one way available to me, getting some books and tapes and trying myself(I have basic idea of jian from the wu shu competition routine). I did exactly that. I know that is far from a good way of learning. But again there is no better alternative. It is anyway better than not trying. I hope someday I will get chance to study with a real teacher and get my errors corrected.

Latest Discussions