Hello from SE VA, USA

Rice Nachos

White Belt
Reaction score
Just posting to say "hello." As for my background, I trained karate off and on as a teenager growing up in western North Carolina. It was maybe 1983 to 1989, with a lot of breaks (some from my instructor moving, some from sports and other competitors for my time).

About 10 weeks ago, I started BJJ, mainly as a tag-along with my teenage daughter. I've enjoyed reading everyone's diverse thoughts here and hope to contribute more in the future.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
latest

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just posting to say "hello." As for my background, I trained karate off and on as a teenager growing up in western North Carolina. It was maybe 1983 to 1989, with a lot of breaks (some from my instructor moving, some from sports and other competitors for my time).

About 10 weeks ago, I started BJJ, mainly as a tag-along with my teenage daughter. I've enjoyed reading everyone's diverse thoughts here and hope to contribute more in the future.
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! What is SE VA?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, and sorry for the excessive abbreviations. Southeastern Virginia.

Ah thanks, the abbreviations aren't excessive, just not known to us Brits. :)
Just a note though, I live close to Richmond, North Yorkshire the very first Richmond for which all others are named! :)

OP
Rice Nachos

Rice Nachos

White Belt
Reaction score
Just a note though, I live close to Richmond, North Yorkshire the very first Richmond for which all others are named! :)
Yes, we have lots of historical connections to your country here, Jamestown being the first permanent English colony in North America.

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lol When I lived stateside it took a while to get used to the abbreviations but it not that hard really to work out what state etc most are fairly straight forward ...one thing tho lol...you will find that many many states in the lower 48 all have cities (towns) of the same name lol

Latest Discussions