Hello from PA

EMST930

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and feel like I have read so much in the last two days!

I train/teach in traditional Tang Soo Do under my father, Master Frederick Scott, founder of AmKor Karate Institutes and Traditional Tang Soo Do International. Been training since I was a kid, it's just what my family does--earned 4th degree last year and started teaching full time. Life is good!

I am excited to participate in the discussions here--already couldn't resist posting to a discussion about books since I spent much of the last two years assisting with my father's first book, which was published in December. (Traditional Korean Karate Basics: The Art of Tang Soo Do.) We're hard at work on the next book and I feel I have already benefited listening to what others are looking for in TSD texts, thank you!

Looking forward to talking shop with all of you.
Best regards,
Erica Tierney

Welcome aboard Erica, my family and I have all trained together at one time or another also. I hope you enjoy the site.

Welcome Erica me and my family been training together forever, glad to have you here.

Welcome, Erica! It is great to have more TSD people around! Is your father's book publicly available?

Welcome! I, too, live in PA and seen your father's school (or at least one of it's affiliates) out around the Coatesville area. Good to have you at MT!

Peace,
Erik

Hey,
Welcome to MT! Its great to meet you, I'll have to check into that book you mentioned.

Welcome, Erica! It is great to have more TSD people around! Is your father's book publicly available?

Thanks! We're in the process of putting up on online store off of our amkorkarate.com website, in the meantime the book's available on ebay for 34.95. We're not established enough on ebay yet to have a "buy it now" price, but whenever someone bids on one I put up another so it doesn't create a bidding war.

Thanks for your interest!

Back