Hello from California

Iann

White Belt
Reaction score
I've only been lurking here for a short time, but I figured I'd finally make an account and join in on the fun. :)

I've been involved in martial arts off and on for about 11 years now. I started in the usual TKD McDojang, but then I quickly left and started studying at my Dad's school. There I not only studied Jeet Kune Do, but I ended up picking up quite a bit of influence from Limalama, and dabbled a bit in Inosanto Kali. This formed the bulk of my martial arts experience. Then I took Collegiate Sabre fencing at the local community college for 3 semesters. This ended up kindling a refreshing desire to learn more about swordplay, so I started studying Longsword about 3 or so years ago. I've been involved in HEMA ever since. (My focus is longsword, with some kampfringen, dagger, and I.33 sword & buckler on the side)

I have also dabbled in archery, and have been a practicing slinger on and off since 2008 or so as well. (Think "David and Goliath")
Now that I have an impromptu range nearby that works nicely, I've started getting back into it, and am currently working on dialing in my accuracy to within a 2 meter circle from 30 meters.

As cheesy as it may sound: nice to meet ya'll, and I hope we get along nicely :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. You have a very unique and interesting background to share. We hope you will enjoy your time on the site.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Quite a diverse background. It'll be interesting to see your take on things.

Latest Discussions