Some new guy from Mass

nitflegal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Just introducing myself as new guy to the forums. Started studying Shotokan Karate back in '88, spent four years studying Toyama ryu battojutsu and started studying Bujinkan Taijutsu on an off and on basis (more off than on until recently, sadly) up in Derry, NH back in '92. Moved to Michigan where I played in Aikido, Jujitsu, wing chun (man do I have the wrong body type for that!), and Krav Maga before coming back home to Mass last year and beginning to study the Bujinkan again up in Winchendon, MA and German longsword at the Higgins in Worcester. One of these days I'll find a hobby that doesn't involve my middle-aged body being covered in bruises and creaking when I train. . . Sadly, I have this odd fixation with meter long razor blades on handles!

So, hello,
Matt

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome :) send me a private message sometime. I would love to compare Shotokan notes with you as I have recently undertaken the art.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hi Matt,
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here.
Where in Winchendon is the school? I am over in Athol and would like to go visit them.
If you ever realy get lost drop me a PM befor hand and I'll be sure to be around.
sheldon

OP
N

nitflegal

Green Belt
Reaction score
hi Matt,
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here.
Where in Winchendon is the school? I am over in Athol and would like to go visit them.
If you ever realy get lost drop me a PM befor hand and I'll be sure to be around.
sheldon

It's the Winchendon Martial Arts Center at the Central street plaza, next to the Subway sandwich place. Nice big open school and so far I've been able to avoid slinging a bokken at the windows. So far at least. . .

Besides, it's got a good group of students to play with and my 6-year old has fun in the kids class, so it's just nice to get back into the regular training.

Matt

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have seen it from the outside and promised myslef that I would stop by on a night I have off. Is it open on weekends?

savagek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi tshadowchaser,

My name is Ken Savage and The Winchendon Martial Arts Center ~ Bujinkan Savage Dojo is mine.

Please feel free to stop in and take a look see.

Be well and Gassho,

Ken Savage

note: I have Saturday hours 9:30am ~ 1:30pm

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ken I am Sheldon
I will try my hardest to make it over this Sat. morning to say hello

OP
N

nitflegal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Have seen it from the outside and promised myslef that I would stop by on a night I have off. Is it open on weekends?

Yep, kid's classes 10-10:45 and 11:00-11:45 (my daughter does the second one) and adult classes noon to 1Pm on Sat. Assuming this blasted cold clears up I'll be there tomorrow.

Latest Discussions