He who controls space rules the world...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting article on the Russian move to create a new joint force for air and space defense...

http://bigpeace.com/nmachiavelli/2011/04/22/pravda-russia-establishes-space-troops-command/

From the article:

The need to establish air and space defense troops appeared a long time ago. Nowadays, under modern conditions, if a defense system operates independently, it will not be able to react promptly to all forms of attacks in the atmosphere of the planet and in space.
The debate and the development of adequate plans had been conducted for several years. The establishment of the new troops started in 2001 – at the time when Russia set up space troops. Ten years later, there is a hope that the country will soon have air and space defense troops.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
An interesting article on the Russian move to create a new joint force for air and space defense...

http://bigpeace.com/nmachiavelli/2011/04/22/pravda-russia-establishes-space-troops-command/

From the article:

The need to establish air and space defense troops appeared a long time ago. Nowadays, under modern conditions, if a defense system operates independently, it will not be able to react promptly to all forms of attacks in the atmosphere of the planet and in space.
The debate and the development of adequate plans had been conducted for several years. The establishment of the new troops started in 2001 – at the time when Russia set up space troops. Ten years later, there is a hope that the country will soon have air and space defense troops.

"The SF writer sees not just possibilities but wild possibilities. It's not just 'What if' - it's 'My God; what if' - in frenzy and hysteria. The Martians are always coming."
— Philip K. Dick

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, seriously, Elder. I like me some Ubik as much as the next guy, but when you start letting that guy do the thinking for you you've gone waaaaay off the deep end.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Ok, seriously, Elder. I like me some Ubik as much as the next guy, but when you start letting that guy do the thinking for you you've gone waaaaay off the deep end.

What does it mean, insane? A legal definition. What do I mean? I feel it, see it, but what is it? It is something they do, something they are. It is their unconsciousness

Insanity is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

Perhaps if you know you are insane then you are not insane.
Philip K. Dick,THe Man in the High Castle

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"The SF writer sees not just possibilities but wild possibilities. It's not just 'What if' - it's 'My God; what if' - in frenzy and hysteria. The Martians are always coming."
— Philip K. Dick

Well, Mars is the red planet...

Latest Discussions