Having Control of Your Body Using Relaxed and Loose Joints.

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
In this video ,by connecting to your opponent center of mass ,through the bridge, you can off balance and reverse the situation by throwing your opponent using little force.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Old CMA saying said, "Fight inside and on top. Don't fight outside and below".

What make you think that the arm on below can over power the arm on top? IMO, the top arm has weight/gravity advantage.

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Old CMA saying said, "Fight inside and on top. Don't fight outside and below".

What make you think that the arm on below can over power the arm on top? IMO, the top arm has weight/gravity advantage.
I just over came his arm..if you know your body you can do it..

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In this video ,by connecting to your opponent center of mass ,through the bridge, you can off balance and reverse the situation by throwing your opponent using little force.

I accidentally posted the following on another one of your threads. It was meant to be a response to the videoclip and comments you posted above.

OK here's another one of these kind of demos -a better one IMO- by GM Keith Kernspecht of the EWTO. My si-dai in Texas trained personally with him for some time and thinks he's the greatest WT/WC/VT master in the world ...even better than our own sifu, Leung Ting.

Me? I'm not into hero worship. The guy is better than I'll ever be and obviously he knows how to use good structure to exploit weaknesses in his opponent's structure. Other than that ....I always find these demos fun ...but also a little like a parlor trick. ;)

FWIW, Kernspecht now in his late 70s, was a power lifter in his youth and was very massive and strong until recent years. Word has it that he is still surprisingly strong for his age and appearance.

Sorry about originally posting it on the wrong thread. That's what happens when I post from my phone instead of my desktop! :(

Latest Discussions