Has social media helped your enrollment or hurt it???

dcsma

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just curious to the other school owners on the board here. Has social media such as Facebook and Myspace, helped or hurt your enrollment for your school??? And how do you utilize those outlets to your advantage???

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im curious - How would it hurt Your enrolment, unless someone made a *horrible* page?

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt. We have got some students via YouTube and Facebook. I should be more active with Facebook ads but I haven't got good results yet. I just need more testing with it.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im curious - How would it hurt Your enrolment, unless someone made a *horrible* page?
That's true for a poorly made web page, but someone posting up a bad experience could have a negative impact.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or someone in your area who is attracting students based on THEIR web presence, which is less students who might come to you.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's true for a poorly made web page, but someone posting up a bad experience could have a negative impact.

On your Facebook page, you mean? You can moderate that so it's not an issue.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just curious to the other school owners on the board here. Has social media such as Facebook and Myspace, helped or hurt your enrollment for your school??? And how do you utilize those outlets to your advantage???

Our school's not open yet (hopefully in another week if the landlord gets their act together, grr), but we've gotten a bunch of likes on Facebook already. We've been posting photos from a photoshoot we did with some of GM's students, some news about the school, link to our website, etc. Hopefully that'll translate into enrollment! At the very least it gets us more exposure and better placement for our website.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Or someone in your area who is attracting students based on THEIR web presence, which is less students who might come to you.

True, true. If your competition's web presence looks much more professional than yours, or look like they have more of a community than yours, they're probably going to do better. I think that's when you've got to improve yourself. :)

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Socail Media is a great tool. It should help and help in a big way. It keeps all the students upto date with the happening of the school and touches 10 of thousands of people not only in your area but around the world. I look at my stats and was suprised to see so many from all over the wrold that view our FB page. The same is true for my personal Youtube page.

We only have 160 or so likes of our page (and growing, only been up for a little less than a year now) but the views of the page by others is in the 10's of thousands. Not everyone will like a page as they don't want their home wall SPAM'ed with all the likes from other pages but they will favorite the page as a url and visit often. If you know how to use FB, twitter, and Youtube you can drive a lot of interest to your school.

Latest Discussions