Hartman's Color Code -- which are you?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I found this link after a quick google which was inspired by a conversation earlier today. I recall taking this test years ago but unfortunately don't exactly remember the results.
This link http://www.thecolorcode.com/
Is the "short-version" of the test that can be found in the book.

I ended up as a Blue.

Be sure to read the instructions carefully before proceeding with the test. They ask for how you were as a child. If you hold the cursor over a particular word it will give you a brief definition to help with your answer.

So what color are you and what do you think of the results?

This other Color Test http://www.colorquiz.com/
I found to be surprisingly accurate as to how I'm doing right now. It is best to wait for the second round to begin before continuing.

As for the results of the second test (above) just answer (here) accurate or inaccurate.

Have fun.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting.. I am Red

spacer.gif

Congratulations. You are RED.

REDS are motivated by POWER. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, REDS want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. REDS value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What REDS value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
REDS like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. REDS are confident, proactive, and visionary; but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When others interact with you, as a RED you respond to them best if they are precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. You are RED.

REDS are motivated by POWER. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, REDS want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. REDS value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What REDS value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

REDS like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. REDS are confident, proactive, and visionary; but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When others interact with you, as a RED you respond to them best if they are precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I got yellow, too. I'm not sure I buy it though, since there were only four possibilities, and none of them really fit me that well, but all of them fit me to a degree. I guess yellow is the closest of the four, though.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny there are a lot of reds that have responded, I wonder if there is a relationship between the reds and this thread?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Congratulations. You are BLUE.

BLUES are motivated by INTIMACY. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be unerstood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

BLUES have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). BLUES are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone, once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

working on the 2nd one... :p

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a blue. The 2nd one- I'm not too sure about...

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The results are (thus far) turning out to be very interesting indeed... should've created a poll to make tracking the number of Reds, Blues, Whites and Yellows ... hmm? Mods... is it too late ??
This would at least make it an interesting study as to the types of people that take a Martial Art... wow... cool, and I was doing this just for fun...

Might have to move this over to the Study... hee hee :D

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
The results are (thus far) turning out to be very interesting indeed... should've created a poll to make tracking the number of Reds, Blues, Whites and Yellows ... hmm? Mods... is it too late ??
This would at least make it an interesting study as to the types of people that take a Martial Art... wow... cool, and I was doing this just for fun...

Might have to move this over to the Study... hee hee :D
I'm also BLUE.

I think the suggestion that those practising the martial arts are mostly of a certain personality type implies [when you think about it] that we're all a bunch of stereotypes?? Say it ain't so!

Come on whites and yellows - prove us wrong! :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Didn't have time to take the first one right now but the second one was very accurate...creepy almost! lol

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
Second test was very accurate!

Uh. That color quiz was downright scary!

Edit - Huh. I did a bunch of affirmations and tried to acheive a sense of peace and focus before retaking the test. Of course, it kicked me in the balls again. Don't take this second quiz if you don't want brutal honesty. I think I might try it again tomorrow.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HOW could it figure this out just by me clicking on colors? HOW??

Your Existing Situation

Needs, and insists on having, a close and understanding relationship,
or at least some method of satisfying a compulsion to feel identified.

Your Stress Sources

The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as
she has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards
are as high as her own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file...

Dang thing read my mind and kicked me in the...uh...knees, as well.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, now I see what the second one is. First time I didn't read all of the instructions. I just started picking colors. No wonder it REALLY didn't sound like me. The second time is quite accurate (still not completely, but enough to say wow).

Latest Discussions