Hapkido DVD's

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have ordered a set of DVD's from a couple of prominent (an understatement, perhaps) Hapkido practioners.

SIN MOO HAPKIDO Masters series by Grandmaser Ji Han Jae.

"These programs encompass all of the technicqal requirements from White Belt to 1st degree Black Belt (excluding meditiation techniques.)"

and

JR West Comprehensive Hapkido

Volume I: Joint Locks, Rope & Cane Techniques

Volume II: Military Techniques, Ki Strikes and Speed Takedowns

Volume III: Carrying Techniques, Chokes & Kick Defense

Has anyone viewed these two DVD Series? What do you think of them.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can jump in and help you. I cannot. I presume you have a background in some MA?

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have ordered a set of DVD's from a couple of prominent (an understatement, perhaps) Hapkido practioners.

"These programs encompass all of the technicqal requirements from White Belt to 1st degree Black Belt (excluding meditiation techniques.)"

and

Do Ju Nim Ji Han Jae's DVDs are a good addition to your library for reference!

OP
T

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My three volume set of JR West Comprehensive Hapkido arrived today. I have watched Volume One and Two.

My first impression are that they are not high definition and seem to be a little dim, like they are copies of copies. Though, there are more than clear enough to learn from.

Techniques demonstrated are not for beginners. They are shot from different angles, the two demonstrators simply change sides. Occasionally, detail shots are added in and some further explanation is given. If you have no experience in Hapkido, these will not be good videos to learn basic technique from.

They are not comprehensive. GM JR West states his style has over 3,000 techniques. There may not be 100 techniques on all three volumes.

What is demonstrated is of superior quality. GM West has very good form and an economy of motion making his techniques to seem to be very easy.

GM West organization has a yearly training seminar, three days long, I think. Judging from the skills he demonstrates in these videos, makes me want to attend his seminar even more so than I already did.

tinker1

Green Belt
Reaction score

and

Cost?

bcrainbow76

White Belt
Reaction score

and

Hi @terrylamar, where did you buy sin moo Hapkido master series? I cannot find out where to buy it and I would love to buy the full series from GM Ji Han Jae.