hapkido blackbelt test

djdoozer1

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just passed my first dan Hapkido test. I'm very excited and just wanted to share the news with likeminded people.

totally hooked on hapkido.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome my friend. A well deserved congratulations are in order to you.

Sambone

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
djdoozer,

First off CONGRATULATIONS! I was curious, what was it like? Though we may be in completly different federations, I'm a blue belt as of now and well hopefully some time next year I might get to test for black. But just curious as to what your test was like.

OP
D

djdoozer1

White Belt
Reaction score
djdoozer,

First off CONGRATULATIONS! I was curious, what was it like? Though we may be in completly different federations, I'm a blue belt as of now and well hopefully some time next year I might get to test for black. But just curious as to what your test was like.

It was a really thorough test. Although the organization has portions they would rather not share, the test was around 14 hours long. It involved multiple landscapes and locations. Physical fitness tests, all techniques, grappling, sparring with blackbelts/masters, a verbal portion, and even a written paper due the day of the test. I was covered in dirt, tired, and a little beat. But I definitely felt like a black belt afterwards.

How was other people's tests?

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It was a really thorough test. Although the organization has portions they would rather not share, the test was around 14 hours long. It involved multiple landscapes and locations. Physical fitness tests, all techniques, grappling, sparring with blackbelts/masters, a verbal portion, and even a written paper due the day of the test. I was covered in dirt, tired, and a little beat. But I definitely felt like a black belt afterwards.

How was other people's tests?

Sounds WILD! Where do you train in South Jersey? I'm in Blackwood near Cherry Hill, and would be interested in a good school nearby.

thanks,

Jim

OP
D

djdoozer1

White Belt
Reaction score
Sounds WILD! Where do you train in South Jersey? I'm in Blackwood near Cherry Hill, and would be interested in a good school nearby.

thanks,

Jim

It was wild, but totally worth it now that I am starting to understand it. The school is in cherry hill on route 70. It has undergone recent changes though, but i'm still looking forward to some intense hapkido.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AWESOME! Congrats! I used to live in Mount Holly/Lumberton, NJ. LOVED it there!

So you did register yourself as a deadly weapon, right? ;) ;)

Latest Discussions