Hap Ki from DC

hapki68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey there, everyone... or "hap ki" as we say in hapkido.

37 yo, good looking (for anyone who cares), blue belt in hapkido just outside of DC in Alexandria, Virginia.

Glad to have found this site.

I'm looking forward to chatting with others about hapkido, other martial arts, pressure points, movies, techniques, experiences etc. I'd particularly like to find folks in the area (into hapkido or other disciplines) to chat with, practice with, trade moves with, etc.

Just to be accurate, I'm the clean cut, professional, non-hyper-macho type. I'm not into fighting just for the sake of killing something. (Love to watch Ultimate Fighting, though.) I'm practicing hapkido for the exercise, mental discipline, comradarie and self defense.

My recommendation: put on the CD "Buddha Bar", stand on your back deck after the sun goes down, wear nothing but pajama bottoms and practice your moves under the moonlight. (A beer or two helps.)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk! I hope you help Paul B, the moderator in the Hapkido forum, seed some good Hapkido convo!

Enjoy!:ultracool

OP
hapki68

hapki68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

BTW, Queen of Pain, I'm from somewhere wild and wonderful as well. But there's more pollution than clean mountain air in my part of the land.

OP
hapki68

hapki68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you change your belt status in your profile??

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're not to far from the fresh air :) Just over the border from you~!

The belt rank is based on your MartialTalk posts - it goes up rank-wise the more posts you make :)

We all start out as white belts.. so post away~!

Enjoy :)

~Tess

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome - happy posting! I see you've already found your way to the Hapkido forum - enjoy!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
hapki68 said:
Thanks everyone!

BTW, Queen of Pain, I'm from somewhere wild and wonderful as well. But there's more pollution than clean mountain air in my part of the land.

Welcome! not too far from you, either!

Latest Discussions