Gut health could determine over all health.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Five Fermented Foods For A Healthy Gut

1. Miso
  2. Yogurt
  3. Kefir
  4. Kambucha
  5. Sauerkraut

The first 3 I eat regularly. #4 there's some other concerns about it so I'm leery. As to sauerkraut...blech. lol

I used to have a cast iron stomach, but last year a dentist hit me with some superstrong antibiotics, been hell trying to rebuild my system. My doc wants me to take all these pills, but I don't care for the side effects so I've been drinking a gallon+ of kefir a week. Looking into making my own once I find some good grains. It's helped me me get off the pills.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally I cannot stand kombucha or sauerkraut but I have been experimenting with making other lactofermented foods like pickles :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kimchi and Sauerkraut are both made from cabbage and fermented, it is some of the best friendly bacteria you can ingest, if you can stomach it, pun intended.
Personaly I take 4 probiotic foods listed below...

(1) Home made Kefir
(2) Kimchi
(3) Natto
(4) Sauerkraut

I try to take some of each every day.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I like kimchi and sauerkraut and yogurt, and I grew up with natto as a treat food, so I really enjoy it, but quite frankly most westerners who try it really don't like it.

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like kimchi and sauerkraut and yogurt, and I grew up with natto as a treat food, so I really enjoy it, but quite frankly most westerners who try it really don't like it.

Of all the above, natto was the hardest to get use to. Now I have 2 servings a day, one in the morning and one before bed.

JiuJiuBJJ

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This year I started making kombucha and kefir. I love it. My kombucha tastes like strong vinegar - I let it ferment for about 4 weeks. And for kefir - I will often over-ferment it as well so it resembles greek yogurt more than milk. Being in Korea, I get more than my fair share of kimchi as well. ^_^

Latest Discussions