Health Care and Being Healthy

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's like a life's serving of pork. If anyone should manage to eat that, they ought to consider their pork intake to be fulfilled for life.

There's always room for pork. :wink1:

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There's always room for pork. :wink1:

(paraphrased:)

Lisa: I'm becoming a vegetarian. I don't eat animals.
Homer: You mean you can't eat any bacon?
Lisa: No Dad.
Homer: You can't eat ham?
Homer: You can't eat pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal!
Homer: Oh sure, Lisa. A MAGICAL animal.

OP
Ronin74

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
(paraphrased:)

Lisa: I'm becoming a vegetarian. I don't eat animals.
Homer: You mean you can't eat any bacon?
Homer: You can't eat ham?
Homer: You can't eat pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal!
Homer: Oh sure, Lisa. A MAGICAL animal.
LOL. It would be magic if I could stomach it all.

For some reason, I could never take to pork chops, but throw some bacon or ham on a pizza (with some pepperoin and sausage) and I'm good.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tez, when it comes to the contents of my frying oil I don't know and don't want to know. I use either peanut or olive oil at home, but elsewhere ... it's don't ask and don't tell.

Now here's a recipe that's uniquely American. My left arm tingles just looking at the picture. (Sadly I'm a computer boob who couldn't figure out how to copy and paste the image here, so you'll just have to do the work.)

Here's the recipe. http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/ Part of it reads thusly:

Now that you’re pork is well seasoned, it’s time to add more pork. Take two pounds of Italian sausage and layer it directly on top of your bacon weave. Be sure to press the sausage to the outer edges of the bacon creating a patty that is the same thickness all the way across.

I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it's becoming one of those online sensations. A lot of people tried it last summer at their barbecues. God I love this country!! :highfive:

Now THAT was worth the read :asian: I think I gained 10 pounds just by looking at it. :lol:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
IMO, soda is one of the few things you can definitely say is just plain damn unhealthy. It's that high fructose corn syrup, which is in just about everything. My (completely unresearched and unqualified) opinion is that the addition of that crapola to processed foods is largely responsible for the prevalence of obesity and the increase in Type II Diabetes in the US.

BTW, has anyone else here seen "SuperSize Me"? I haven't set foot in a McDonald's since.
Both are fine in moderation. The problem is that nobody really moderates their intake. Just look at the Luther Burger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxyIvU5eB-k&feature=related

I'm certainly big into pop/soda. Though I switched to diet (sorry, can't stand plain water or tea which are apparently the only healthy things you can drink anymore) simply because I was consuming 1,000 calories a day just in the form of sugar water.

Latest Discussions