guns...the real martial art...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It appears that my viewpoint has been changed.

By the way, the reference to 'pressing a button' was designed to oversimplify it in order to back up my point, I know it's a trigger xD. Just making that clear.

That most recent video by Tgrace got the issue across more than anything else, I didn't realize (Or didn't acknowledge) the number of factors that come into it.

To be fair...all those factors DON'T come into it for many people.

Just like some people are "artists" with a knife and some are simply stabbers. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

By the way, the reference to 'pressing a button' was designed to oversimplify it in order to back up my point, I know it's a trigger xD. Just making that clear.

That most recent video by Tgrace got the issue across more than anything else, I didn't realize (Or didn't acknowledge) the number of factors that come into it.

And when you get beyond the mechanics of operating the weapon system and look into the tactics involved in actually fighting with a weapon.....

http://tgace.com/category/tactical-preschool/

The "art" involved becomes a little more analogous to what you would read about sword fighting in the fire book within the Book of Five Rings.

http://www.bookoffiverings.com/FireBook.htm

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Like anything there are layers. Like anything pressing the button is not the art. The art is being in position to be able to press the button. In theory there should have been all of this ambush counter ambush involved before the gun is even drawn.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like anything there are layers. Like anything pressing the button is not the art. The art is being in position to be able to press the button. In theory there should have been all of this ambush counter ambush involved before the gun is even drawn.

Pressing the button can be an art in itself if you are talking about firing (and hitting) while on the move...while shooting from various positions....striking at longer ranges against moving targets..etc.

Much like the "art" seen in swordsmanship...

Is different from...

Not all "button pushing" is created equal.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Pressing the button can be an art in itself if you are talking about firing (and hitting) while on the move...while shooting from various positions....striking at longer ranges against moving targets..etc.

Much like the "art" seen in swordsmanship...

Is different from...

Not all "button pushing" is created equal.

;)

Tactical vs technical?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I certainly view the use of guns as a martial art. However, I dislike what gun culture has done to American society as a whole. You have kids who kill other kids with guns because they think its cool to play with a pistol. You have teenagers getting into fights, and then pulling out guns to settle disputes. You have people paranoid to the point where they feel that they need to bring assault rifles into Walmart or McDonald's in order to feel safe.

Despite all this, I refuse to keep a gun in my house. The risk outweighs the benefits.

I dislike where our society is headed. Hopefully cooler, more sensible heads can prevail.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You have people paranoid to the point where they feel that they need to bring assault rifles into Walmart or McDonald's in order to feel safe.

Eh....most of that is about making a political point more than it is about "feeling safe".

And all the tragedies aside...statistically we are in one of the safest periods of history.

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
?

"The risk" of what, exactly?

Some idiot getting hold of it and shooting his face off.

tumblr_mmsh6d4mDA1rrucamo1_400.gif

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have kids who kill other kids with guns because they think its cool to play with a pistol. You have teenagers getting into fights, and then pulling out guns to settle disputes..

This isn't a gun problem but societal and political policies that create those attitudes. Those issues, however, must be discussed on the sister site...

The guys carrying rifles into walmart aren't paranoid, they are trying to make a political statement...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of the better "Sensei" in the Martial Art of the Gun out there...Travis Haley.

Tell me you cant see comparisons there to any other martial art you have been taught.....