Guns make people overconfident.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, both places mentioned.
Alright well just because you've been to Charlotte doesn't mean you know the city that well. How long were you there? Where did you go when you were there? Have you ever lived in or near Charlotte? I've lived in Gastonia which is right next door so I know the area quite well, and what it's like over there.

I've also been to Detroit but that doesn't mean I know Detroit that well. When I was in Detroit it was only for a little while when I was at the airport when I was switching flights. You're certainly not going to learn much about a city when you're only there at the airport for the time it takes to switch flights.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright well just because you've been to Charlotte doesn't mean you know the city that well. How long were you there? Where did you go when you were there? Have you ever lived in or near Charlotte? I've lived in Gastonia which is right next door so I know the area quite well, and what it's like over there.

I've also been to Detroit but that doesn't mean I know Detroit that well. When I was in Detroit it was only for a little while when I was at the airport when I was switching flights. You're certainly not going to learn much about a city when you're only there at the airport for the time it takes to switch flights.
Doesn’t matter. Charlotte is not one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Maybe dangerous in the US.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Utter nonsense. I have received these guys straight out of OSUT in combat, and they did the job just fine. I know several hunters that are absolutely proficient with their rifle, but only shoot before season due to cost or work requirements. Whoever wrote this needs to get off their high horse.
That kind of attitude at a shooting school, or at a dojo for that matter, is a great way for you to be shown the door.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That kind of attitude at a shooting school, or at a dojo for that matter, is a great way for you to be shown the door.
I have been a shooting instructor for almost 30 years and a MA instructor for a little longer and have never been shown the door at either training center. People are trying to make money and will write things like this to get it out of the populace.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did.

Just to show how quote people will backflip on that notion. When they think they are best.
No one backflipped on anything. I pointed out propaganda, that’s all. The only one professing something as “best” was you in the other thread.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been a shooting instructor for almost 30 years and a MA instructor for a little longer and have never been shown the door at either training center. People are trying to make money and will write things like this to get it out of the populace.
Well let's say somebody shows up at your dojo, signs up for lessons, and then says that what you teach is nonsense. Would you let them stay?

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well let's say somebody shows up at your dojo, signs up for lessons, and then says that what you teach is nonsense. Would you let them stay?
The scenario doesn’t fit. I researched every shooting school and did an in-person interview before we attended. So therefore, I knew what we were walking into and if the course was nonsense, we would contract with someone else.

Latest Discussions