Gun Owner Rights Organizations

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
They need to make a New Jersey gun rights organization.

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
old thread but i wish we had Gun laws here like in the US. Would love to be able to go shooting on the ranges again. This was my baby

Browning high power 9mm old now but i loved it.
FN_Hi_Power (1).jpg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
old thread but i wish we had Gun laws here like in the US. Would love to be able to go shooting on the ranges again. This was my baby

Browning high power 9mm old now but i loved it.
View attachment 23495

Are PCP guns legal? (use compressed air)

You can get them in calibers from .22 to .50?

Here is Evanix:

PY-4050_Evanix-Rex-P-Air_1459260481.jpg

It's a little expensive to get started because you have to buy the gun, air tank and, fill Station but if you wanted to get back to shooting this might be a option.

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Here is Evanix:

It's a little expensive to get started because you have to buy the gun, air tank and, fill Station but if you wanted to get back to shooting this might be a option.
never seen that before... we had like air rifles as a kid but i think what you have now is much more powerful. i honestly think it´s great that you can go shooting in the US. maybe it´s easier in some states i do not know. My older Brother was in the states last year & he got to do some shooting. he was ex british army too so knew a bit about shooting.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
never seen that before... we had like air rifles as a kid but i think what you have now is much more powerful. i honestly think it´s great that you can go shooting in the US. maybe it´s easier in some states i do not know. My older Brother was in the states last year & he got to do some shooting. he was ex british army too so knew a bit about shooting[/QUOTE】

One of the guys I work with has a .22 caller PCP rifle....his son hunts rabbits with it. Its pretty impressive and very accurate.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Here is Evanix:

no, air guns are only legal if they have a very low power, im not sure now what that actualy is but you strugle to break a beer bottle with it at 6 foot

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
no, air guns are only legal if they have a very low power, im not sure now what that actualy is but you strugle to break a beer bottle with it at 6 foot

Did they change the law in the last 2 years.

This link claims this one is legal. It's a .22 cal.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

not that im aWare of, it quotes the figure as 6 footpounds, which will strugle to break a beer bottle at 6 feet, it just kbocks them over,, , i know ive tried
it does however appear to be easily adjustable upwards, if they catch you with it they will considere it a fire arm and punish you accordingly

D

Deleted member 39746

the only change of i know in regards to air weapons is a 2 joules being the cut off for airsoft weapons. (anything higher is deemed a air rifle/pistol and its a crime to shoot somone with it as its assualt with a weapons)

And in non joboese, yes they are lawful in the U.K, pending country on details, and many people use air pistols for pistol shooting now due to pistols being "banned". You can still get the "over powered" ones but they are deemed firearms so you need a license not just a age check. No idea what the pressure cut off is for when you need a firearms license. I dont know what a footpund is, unclear on joules and unclear on FPS, and they seem to in this sector use all 3 intefchnagbly without conversions.(annoys the **** out of me) Subject to change anyway, the air weapon change was in the 2019 offensive weapon bill i think, maybe the 2020 one.

presuming this is U.K.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the only change of i know in regards to air weapons is a 2 joules being the cut off for airsoft weapons. (anything higher is deemed a air rifle/pistol and its a crime to shoot somone with it as its assualt with a weapons)

And in non joboese, yes they are lawful in the U.K, pending country on details, and many people use air pistols for pistol shooting now due to pistols being "banned". You can still get the "over powered" ones but they are deemed firearms so you need a license not just a age check. No idea what the pressure cut off is for when you need a firearms license. I dont know what a footpund is, unclear on joules and unclear on FPS, and they seem to in this sector use all 3 intefchnagbly without conversions.(annoys the **** out of me) Subject to change anyway, the air weapon change was in the 2019 offensive weapon bill i think, maybe the 2020 one.

presuming this is U.K.
foot-pound
/ˌfo͝otˈpound/

noun
  1. 1.
    a unit of energy equal to the amount required to raise 1 pound a distance of 1 foot.

2. 2.
    a unit of torque equal to the force of 1 lb acting perpendicularly to an axis of rotation at a distance of 1 foot.
joule
/jo͞ol/

noun
  1. the SI unit of work or energy, equal to the work done by a force of one newton when its point of application moves one meter in the direction of action of the force, equivalent to one 3600th of a watt-hour.
FPS - feet per second.

Latest Discussions