Guess who just became a security officer!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just accepted employment with Securitas and passed my security officer test with a 95%. I start work on Monday.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fantastic news!

:partyon: :partyon:

Best of luck, and I hope you don't have to use your skills too often. :)

Phenix_Rider

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Fair warning: the hours suck, and the pay don't make up for the loss of time with family/SO.

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's quite the positive attitude you have there, phoenix. I like my hours.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just accepted employment with Securitas and passed my security officer test with a 95%. I start work on Monday.
Good deal, I feel it will open many doors, if need be, down the road. Good job on the test also.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Guess who just became a security officer!

Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman?

Scanners107

White Belt
Reaction score
Good luck, i currently work for Sucuritas and they are a pain in the **** for wages and shifts.

lma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
congrats! in britian its daft we dont do a test just apply for a badge @£200

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats! in britian its daft we dont do a test just apply for a badge @£200

Actually you have to take a course and pass it both for security officers and door supervisors before you can apply and pay for your license.
http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/home.aspx

Someone I knew was involved with Securitas...he stole £54 million off them lol! Good MMA fighter he was too.

Congrats Josh, you'll do well I know!

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, for a quick update, the job is going well. All I have had to use is verbal judo skills. Amazingly, when you treat a potential threat as a human being, they tend to respond positively! Homeless guy with an imaginary friend that he hates? Sympathize with him, but tell him his imaginary friend is causing a ruckus. He will then chew out his imaginary friend, apologize to you on his behalf, and clear out without incident (true story). Punk kids with an obvious disrespect for authority, an intimidating deeanor, and a pit bull who is obviously there to be threatening? Bring a treat for the dog, and BS with the kids, forming an aliance with them, and they will leave your employees alone, pick up after themselves, and clear out if necessary.

My goal is not to have to fight on this job, and by treating people with respect and dignity, I so far haven't had to. This frees me up to read more books!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, for a quick update, the job is going well. All I have had to use is verbal judo skills. Amazingly, when you treat a potential threat as a human being, they tend to respond positively! Homeless guy with an imaginary friend that he hates? Sympathize with him, but tell him his imaginary friend is causing a ruckus. He will then chew out his imaginary friend, apologize to you on his behalf, and clear out without incident (true story). Punk kids with an obvious disrespect for authority, an intimidating deeanor, and a pit bull who is obviously there to be threatening? Bring a treat for the dog, and BS with the kids, forming an aliance with them, and they will leave your employees alone, pick up after themselves, and clear out if necessary.

My goal is not to have to fight on this job, and by treating people with respect and dignity, I so far haven't had to. This frees me up to read more books!

Nice one! Treating people this way makes life more peaceful and much more interesting.

Latest Discussions