Greetings

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
New here, just wanted to say hello first instead of just jumping into a thread. I used to post sometimes on the old yahoo kenpo board. I recognize some names here from it. Looking forward to some good discussions.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. You'll find we've got a ton of Kenpo talk here.

:asian:

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That was a quick reply...good to see there's a good amount of activity on these boards. From the looks of it, there's quite a lot. Good stuff.

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
yes...i noticed the russian martial arts board. very nice. there are a lot of good resources here. i'm glad it was brought to my attention.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I notice a lot of the kenpo people here are employed in some way in the computer field, is this the new trend? Kenpo logic - computer logic, are they the same? :(

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
i don't really consider myself a computer guy even though i work on one all day. i consider myself and artist...a designer. and i've been studying kenpo before getting into my proffession. just a coincidence i suppose. plus, people who use computers a lot are probably more likely to show up on a forum like this since they are more computer literate than most people. that said, i'm really getting off the kenpo topic here...

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
my systema experience is admittedly very limited. i only know what has been shown to me through others who have left kenpo for the most part to do systema. i've enjoyed what i've been shown but it's nowhere near enough to say that i have officially trained in the style. i am thinking of joining up with a few friends that do it to work the stuff some more, particularly the knife work. so to answer the question, kenpo is still my main style, probably always will be for the most part. i don't want to sound like i'm getting tired of kenpo here though...far from it. right now it's tough for me because of lack of training partners, so i do my best with my workouts and what not, and just keep plugging away.

K

Kirk

tarabos,

I looked, but I can't find kennett square on a map (online).
How far are you from Pittsburgh?

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by tarabos

New here, just wanted to say hello first instead of just jumping into a thread. I used to post sometimes on the old yahoo kenpo board. I recognize some names here from it. Looking forward to some good discussions.

Glad you're here, just keep your eye out fot the "Goldendragon!" He's luking around here somewheres!:eek:

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
pittsburg is a pretty good hike for me. kennett square is pretty small, the only claim to fame it has it that it's the mushroom capital of the world, and we also have logwood gardens. it's about 20 minutes or so from delaware, about 45 minutes south of philly.

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
does seem like the ornry one doesn't he? that's dennis connaster, correct?

i've enjoyed reading his posts and replies a lot. he gives informative answers that i enjoy reading and usually learn a good bit from.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score

does seem like the ornry one doesn't he? that's dennis connaster, correct?

i've enjoyed reading his posts and replies a lot. he gives informative answers that i enjoy reading and usually learn a good bit from.

Actually, it's Dennis Conatser, not connaster.

Don't worry about it though, he's used to people making that mistake. These days he hardly ever kills anyone over it.

Les

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Les

Actually, it's Dennis Conatser, not connaster.

Don't worry about it though, he's used to people making that mistake. These days he hardly ever kills anyone over it.

Les

Yep, I'm one of the "hardlys". He took out my wind pipe !:rofl:

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

Yep, I'm one of the "hardlys". He took out my wind pipe !:rofl:

Luckily, I'm on the other side of the Atlantic.

As Mr Parker would say, "Distance is your best friend"

Les

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score

try my last name...taraboletti

i get tons of different versions.

It's the same living in England with a French name. (Grihault)

The English can't say it or spell it.

Les

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Welcome Matt, don't let these goofballs scare you away.... they just like hearing themselves type. LOL.....

Oh yeah? Ask him how many bodies he's got hidden away in the desert out there!:eek:

Latest Discussions