Greetings from Wisconsin

mrt2

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am looking to get back into martial arts after a 35 year hiatus. I trained in Tang Soo Do in high school for 3 years. I am now 52 years old, and quite a bit heavier than I was then. Unfortunately, Tang Soo Do studios are pretty limited where I live, so I will probably switch to Tae Kwon Do.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martailtalk, bro.

And welcome back to Martial Arts in general. :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am looking to get back into martial arts after a 35 year hiatus. I trained in Tang Soo Do in high school for 3 years. I am now 52 years old, and quite a bit heavier than I was then. Unfortunately, Tang Soo Do studios are pretty limited where I live, so I will probably switch to Tae Kwon Do.
Hi there mrt2,

May I ask, where in Wisconsin do you live? I grew up in a small town in the southwest corner of the state.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello!
YVUXDAwTau7FqfpTPZcd_Jim%20Carrey%20Tape.gif

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, take a look at the schools that are close enough that you can expect to make it to class on a regular basis. Look at all of those schools, regardless of what system they teach. Don’t get too attached to a particular style. Go visit those schools, try a class or two, then decide which one you feel offers the best quality instruction and that you feel you will fit in well with the group, and that you can afford the price.

Then get started. :)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

Welcome to MT.