Greetings from Indonesia

Delta_6

White Belt
Reaction score
Gassho Rei*

Hello everyone, New member here.

My forum name is Delta 6 but you can also call me Zid if you want to, I register because I'm hopefull i could learn something in this forum.

My motivation for learning martial arts :
1. Mental Training.
2. Self defense.
3. Looking for a fun way to exercise.
4. Family lineage, we were warriors countless generation and therefore martial artists, my father is a 2nd Dan Black Belt in Shorinji Kempo, my grandfather have several black belts in various martial arts and his father (my great grandfather) is a master in several forms of Pecak Silat, it would be a shame to not continue the legacy.

More Info : I'm currently a 4th Kyu Kenshi (Full fledged white belt) in Shorinji Kempo's Indonesian Branch, I'm 18 years old and obviously my martial art journey still have a long way to go. :D

Thanks for reading.

*Kesshu

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Zid.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gassho Rei*

My forum name is Delta 6 but you can also call me Zid if you want to, I register because I'm hopefull i could learn something in this forum.

1. Mental Training.
2. Self defense.
4. Family lineage, we were warriors countless generation and therefore martial artists, my father is a 2nd Dan Black Belt in Shorinji Kempo, my grandfather have several black belts in various martial arts and his father (my great grandfather) is a master in several forms of Pecak Silat, it would be a shame to not continue the legacy.

More Info : I'm currently a 4th Kyu Kenshi (Full fledged white belt) in Shorinji Kempo's Indonesian Branch, I'm 18 years old and obviously my martial art journey still have a long way to go. :D

Thanks for reading.

*Kesshu
Hey welcome along! :) that is awesome to have a family heritage in Pencak Silat.. such a beautifully dangerous art.. Good luck, hope you stick around share some of your thoughts and stuff

OP
Delta_6

Delta_6

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Appreciate the welcome

Hey welcome along! :) that is awesome to have a family heritage in Pencak Silat.. such a beautifully dangerous art.. Good luck, hope you stick around share some of your thoughts and stuff
I guess it is, however, i do still have a problem on finding a Pecak Silat teacher, As one of my uncle and grandfather says it. the good ones were usually the traditional ones, in the remote villages, or up in mountains, and these master don't usually teach for monetary reason.

By no means i'm calling the ones in the cities are bad, no, it's just that my family believe the traditional ones are better thats all. (and they could be wrong)

Last edited:

eddiecharette

White Belt
Reaction score
Gassho Rei*

1. Mental Training.
2. Self defense.

Thanks for reading.

*Kesshu

Thank for sharing, it motivates others too

Latest Discussions