Greetings fellow MA enthusiasts

Shawn-San

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been looking around this site for a while now. There's quite a bit of good information on here. Just thought I would take the plunge and join the community. It feels nice to be part of something in which so many of you are equally committed to and enthusiastic about.

I used to be in martial arts training when I was younger. A while ago I decided to get back into training because it was always something I wanted to do, but just never made myself commit to it. It's something I fealt a great deal of self-accomplishment for, and is one of my life-goals.

After training, I was really suprised to see exactly how out-of-shape I had become. I have never been one to gain weight or let myself go. I'm height/weight proportionate and have always been in decent shape. However, the first couple times I trained I was sore for the whole week afterwards.

After working on the physical training aspect, lately I've been able to do more PU/SU than is required per my rank. It feels really good to be in shape again and able to participate in class without feeling like I'm going to die.

By the way.... I train in Karate and have a green belt (or 5th gup). The style of karate I train in is heavily influenced by Tang Soo Do. I've noticed all but two of our forms are taken directly from TSD with minor variations in techniques. I'm extremely commited to doing well and excelling beyond my current rank.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Shawn,

Welcome to Martial Talk.

MA is a worthy goal (biased opinion, but a lot of ppl here would agree, lol).

Getting back in shape can be painful. Set your eyes on the prize and keep going. Train smart and take things one step at a time.