Hello

KaiShiQuan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here and just looking for a place to discuss martial arts while I'm stuck in class or whatever. I'm sure many of you are as obsessed as I am and I look forward to joining in discussions!

A little about myself. I started training Taijiquan in January of this year after my first son was born following several years of heart and kidney issues. It was mind blowing how quickly I felt better and started to get in better shape. A few months later I found a Muay Thai instructor that I heard a lot of good things about, and decided to attend her conditioning classes, just to prove to myself that I could do it now. That's where I got hooked on getting in the best shape of my life. I began weight and calisthenics training on a steady basis, and my shifu, then also became my Sensei in Aikido as well. I also recently began BJJ. I've taken on a lot relatively quick while attending college, but it all helps keep me sane in the mix of math and chemistry.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Sounds like you've had quite a time, it's good that you are now on track. :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new here and just looking for a place to discuss martial arts while I'm stuck in class or whatever. I'm sure many of you are as obsessed as I am and I look forward to joining in discussions!

A little about myself. I started training Taijiquan in January of this year after my first son was born following several years of heart and kidney issues. It was mind blowing how quickly I felt better and started to get in better shape. A few months later I found a Muay Thai instructor that I heard a lot of good things about, and decided to attend her conditioning classes, just to prove to myself that I could do it now. That's where I got hooked on getting in the best shape of my life. I began weight and calisthenics training on a steady basis, and my shifu, then also became my Sensei in Aikido as well. I also recently began BJJ. I've taken on a lot relatively quick while attending college, but it all helps keep me sane in the mix of math and chemistry.
Hey welcome along! math and chemistry sound interesting in combination.. Though I wonder when you say you get stuck in class implies it is not always full-on math & chem fun and games? :) good to have you :)

OP
KaiShiQuan

KaiShiQuan

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!

Hey welcome along! math and chemistry sound interesting in combination.. Though I wonder when you say you get stuck in class implies it is not always full-on math & chem fun and games? :) good to have you :)

And I take some Technology classes too but I major in Mechatronic Engineering. It's kind of like Robotics. My Tuesday's are just torturous and I'm in class for nearly 12 hours. It will be nice to chat on here when I too sucked into school I guess is what I'm saying lol

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. Are you still actively studying all 4 arts you mentioned? (Tai Chi + Muay Thai + Aikido + BJJ) If so, that's a lot to take on while also studying for an Engineering degree and being a new parent!

OP
KaiShiQuan

KaiShiQuan

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. Are you still actively studying all 4 arts you mentioned? (Tai Chi + Muay Thai + Aikido + BJJ) If so, that's a lot to take on while also studying for an Engineering degree and being a new parent!

Yes. It works out because I go to class 3 days a week on days where a family member can watch my son, I condition at 430am and train Jiujitsu at 6am, so that's done before anyone wakes up. My other classes fall late into the evenings or on weekends after I'm with my son all day while his mother is at work, so the only problem class I sometimes can't make it to is Muay Thai because I have to travel an hour to train. I'm pretty busy but it all has worked a lot better than it sounds lol.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!

And I take some Technology classes too but I major in Mechatronic Engineering. It's kind of like Robotics. My Tuesday's are just torturous and I'm in class for nearly 12 hours. It will be nice to chat on here when I too sucked into school I guess is what I'm saying lol
12hr?? whoa.. well least after that duration of Mechatronic Engineering class time you should have fully functioning Terminator to take home to show the folks :D Look forward to your input here :)

OP
KaiShiQuan

KaiShiQuan

White Belt
Reaction score
12hr?? whoa.. well least after that duration of Mechatronic Engineering class time you should have fully functioning Terminator to take home to show the folks :D Look forward to your input here :)

I'm not that advanced yet. I'm just a freshman lol. Though, I will have the know-how to eventually build my own Iron Man suit lol.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

Welcome to the club.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

Welcome.

Latest Discussions