Greetings all..

Origami

White Belt
Reaction score
Just got back to TKD after a 30 year break!.. I enrolled my ADHD, ODD eight year old son into TKD for the discipline, exercise etc. It's snowballed since then; I'd got up to green belt in Go ju Rai (spelling?) when I was 24 and watching my little one brought it all back - I enrolled myself 3 weeks later (I had to think about it for a while, I'm 55 [today!], overweight and have an ileostomy..) but it just looked like so much fun!... Then computer super-nerd hubby (who's idea of exercise was playing Doom really energetically!) had to take son #1 instead of me... He enrolled the next week!!!! I nearly fell off my perch!.. Son and hubby are now both blue belts and going great, I'm still yellow as I had to take a 6 month break with ill-health from Christmas to two (grueling!) weeks ago - but the master reminds me that the other two will probably grind to a crawl when they get to cho dan bo and I can catch up then ... I so pleased I started all this - Son#1 is thrilled.. taking his new full set of body armour to school for show and tell - what a rush!... It's great to see him so committed to something.
Happy to have found you guys.
Greetings from down under.
Lyn

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, and happy posting! Glad to see that you went back to TKD, too.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

Glad to hear your whole family is going - that'll help keep all of you motivated!

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
You got me beat. I had to take a 7 year break due to school. I finally thought about Taekwondo again and decided to start back up.

Latest Discussions