Great Site!

DavidBenson

White Belt
Reaction score
Wow! There is a tremendous amount of information to be found here!

I actually discovered this site by "accident" while searching for some medical advice (my shoulder warranty has expired at the tender age of 42 - the body of an aging athlete without the income...go figure).

I sense this new "favorite place" in my browser will be visited frequently.

Nice to "meet" you, folks.

David

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, your first impression is correct, it's a great forum with very knowledgeable an friendly people.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. This is a great place. I too found MT by accident and haven't been the same sense. :) Actually there is a vast amount of helpful advice and great people here.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcomt to MT...MANY of us found this place by accident,and like us you will be forever gratefull..

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :wavey:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey: There are some great people here, with lots of good advice - and that includes you - please join in the discussions.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, David, welcome to MT---always great to have another experienced KMA person to provide input to the site! Good to have you with us :)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT and enjoy!

Is that a Templar you have as an avatar?

Jeff

OP
DavidBenson

DavidBenson

White Belt
Reaction score
Jeff wrote: Is that a Templar you have as an avatar?

Yes, it is, Jeff! When I was granted the priviledge of 1st Dan (many, many years ago), my Master likened it to being "knighted," and the symbolism, and all that goes with it, has stuck with me. Community service, integrity - all that stuff that Hollywood may have trivialized but is important to personal development and martial artists. Plus, it's required.

When I advance students to black belt, they must have "earned" the opportunity through community service and character as well as physical skill and technical knowledge. I require character references, as well as report cards for children and employee evaluations for grownups (as most of my "grownups" are military, as am I, it's almost a natural thing to do - plus, the student's supervisors/employers are more interested and involved in their off-duty activites!).

Am I a Templar? No...probably more of Don Quioxte!:banghead: