Black Belt
Reaction score
Taken at the City of Houston on January 16, 2008

R. McLain

Last edited by a moderator:

mystic warrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
That is really sweet that he got that. I am sure he did a lot of great things to get such an honor.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Congratulations to a true man of the arts. Well done, GM Kim. Your emigration to the US is well appreciated.

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations to a true man of the arts. Well done, GM Kim. Your emigration to the US is well appreciated.

GM Kim Soo has been very nice in giving his knowledge freely to the KMA community. He helped one of my colelagues with his KMA History book and was instrumental in providing many of the pictures used in the publication.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
GM Kim Soo has been very nice in giving his knowledge freely to the KMA community. He helped one of my colelagues with his KMA History book and was instrumental in providing many of the pictures used in the publication.

Can you tell us a bit more about that book, JW? Any history of the Korean arts informed by Gm. Kim's knowledge and understanding of the origins of modern TKD is going to be very welcome to people who want to see the romantic mythmongering so common in discussions of the KMA's past replaced by critical historical analysis and documented, well-supported narrative...

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

YounWha

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If anyone gets that book let me know if it has anything about GM Man Hee Han in it...

DMcHenry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've had the pleasure and honor of training with both GM Kim Pyung-soo and his brother, Kim Chang-soo (RIP). He is very deserving of all the honors he receives.

Mac

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've had the pleasure and honor of training with both GM Kim Pyung-soo and his brother, Kim Chang-soo (RIP). He is very deserving of all the honors he receives.

Mac

DMcHenry... Master Mac, right? Of the great KMA video demonstration site? I'm very glad to see you on the board, sir! Unfortunately, I can no longer access the videos at your site—when I had a Toshiba laptop rigged up as a Linux box, I could see them, but when Apple came out with System X built on a Unix core, I switched back to Macs and now can't see any of those wmv-formatted demos :(

It must have been great to have the chance to train, and talk, with Gm. Kim. He's one of the increasingly rare living witnesses to the formative phase of TKD...

Latest Discussions