Jan. 16, 2010 Proclaimed Grandmaster Kim Soo Day by Texas State Senate

DMcHenry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Very cool!

I trained with Chang-Soo Kim in 1976-77, and Pyung-Soo Kim in 81-82 at the University of Houston. For a short while I worked for his brother-in-law too.

Well deserved recognition for Grandmaster Kim Soo.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow, that's neat. I took Kim Soo Karate for a while as a kid (in the early 80's) under John Stevens, who I see from the website is now a 6th Dan and still teaching for the school.

OP
rmclain

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, that's neat. I took Kim Soo Karate for a while as a kid (in the early 80's) under John Stevens, who I see from the website is now a 6th Dan and still teaching for the school.

You must have been a student at the Kingwood dojang? Master Stephens is still very actively training and teaching the the Chayon-Ryu HQ dojang in Spring Branch.

Did you know Paul Lee at the Kingwood dojang?

R. McLain

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You must have been a student at the Kingwood dojang? Master Stephens is still very actively training and teaching the the Chayon-Ryu HQ dojang in Spring Branch.

Did you know Paul Lee at the Kingwood dojang?

I was at the Kingwood dojang. At the time, we trained in a YMCA tucked into a strip mall, next to a Stop N Go. It looks like they may still be in the same strip mall.

The name Paul Lee sounds familiar, but I can't put a face to it. It has been 25+ years.

Rick

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He is a very deserving man, he has done so much for so many people.