Got my butt whopped by a Kickboxing champion until I started jabbing him

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will find very many people who do full contact sparring period. Hard contact, certainly, but there's pretty much always a little more in reserve. Because it's sparring.
And yes, please explain to me why head contact would be frowned upon. And before you start, you might bear in mind that while I have roughly ten times as much TKD experience as you, I'm willing to bet I have roughly a hundred times more medical training than you. Because 35 years in the ER...
If some schools prohibit kicks to the head, so what? There are schools that only spar no contact. That's a school issue, not a TKD issue.
^^ Yep, this is another one of the people I was talking about.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got my butt whooped by a kettlebell today until I put it back down

Finlay

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I complain that he went full contact to the head with a kick. Is that strange, you think?

I think the point here was you agreed semi contact before you started.

Then you decided to go full contact to the body. BTW why did you feel 1. It was needed 2. You had the right, to go heavy?

Was your opponent meant to understand the shift in rules and try to adjust mid fight?

What were the 'new' rules that you were trying to indicate?

- heavy to the body, light to the head.
- heavy turning kick/round house to the stomach but light everything else.
- I can hit you as hard as I like but you have to go easy.

Either way you were changing/making up rules as you went and expected him to keep up, until he changed the rules to full contact.

This is why rules are set before sparring begins and it is important that they are stuck to. No matter what opinion you hold about what is safe or allowed.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the point here was you agreed semi contact before you started.

Then you decided to go full contact to the body. BTW why did you feel 1. It was needed 2. You had the right, to go heavy?

Was your opponent meant to understand the shift in rules and try to adjust mid fight?

What were the 'new' rules that you were trying to indicate?

- heavy to the body, light to the head.
- heavy turning kick/round house to the stomach but light everything else.
- I can hit you as hard as I like but you have to go easy.

Either way you were changing/making up rules as you went and expected him to keep up, until he changed the rules to full contact.

This is why rules are set before sparring begins and it is important that they are stuck to. No matter what opinion you hold about what is safe or allowed.
To clarify for @Axiom what you meant, was there an agreement that you would not go full contact? From what I understood and from my past comments, I made the assumption that there was an agreement not to go full contact, that you broke by going full contact (which you've stated multiple times), but if there was an agreement to go full contact everywhere but the head (which is a legitimate thing i have seen before) then the response by the kickboxer is out of line. If not I will repeat my previous sentiment that you don't agree with, where you broke the rules and then he broke the rules, but for some reason you ignore you breaking the rules and try to blame him for it.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just love the memes on this topic.

images

It is pretty common.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's gone, whether he jumped or was pushed I don't know but if you look at his profile bit it doesn't come up, says 'error'. Usually means he's departed from us.

Well he still has his Fuhrer Drumpf account he could post from.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't believe you have. Your just as much of a pretender as your twin brother. Anybody claiming that kickboxing has the same punching mechanics as boxing could not possibly have done either one.
I learned my kickboxing from this man Jean-Yves Thériault (kickboxer) - Wikipedia and from his trainers. I believe he may have just a bit more experience than a Serbian national Champion, being PKA champion for 15 years. Pretty sure he could handle a jab.

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anybody claiming that kickboxing has the same punching mechanics as boxing could not possibly have done either one.
This sentence right here represents the chief reason why everyone doubts you.

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
This sentence right here represents the chief reason why everyone doubts you.
Okay seriously, why am I getting threads recommended to me from 2017 😭 I keep replying without realising that it’s long forgotten.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay seriously, why am I getting threads recommended to me from 2017 😭 I keep replying without realising that it’s long forgotten.
It looks for threads with words similar to what you've expressed interest in (by either posting or commenting), as far as I can tell it doesn't take date into account.

Latest Discussions