Good thing or not?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am already with a non-profit, I get to use the AAU's and get to keep 100% of everything I earn for my athletes. I see this as another way for them to make money off of its members. It is sad when they can not even give back everything to its members.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
USAT said:
Athletes and USAT member clubs can solicit donations from individuals and or corporations. Funds to be donated are made payable to USA Taekwondo. The donating entity completes a grant application and submits with said funds to USAT. USA Taekwondo segregates the money and pays 86% of the money back to the member club for the approved deductible program. 7% of the money will go into a general fund for grants to any approved high performance program grant requests. 7% of the money will go toward offsetting administrative costs.

Ok so Stu's Honda wants to donate a hundred dollars to my school. Instead they give it to USAT and in turn USAT gives me $86 and the rest goes to Administrative fees and Money for the chosen few?

Ok I get the TAX exempt deal and for a school that cant claim donations as non profit (because they are Profit schools). So basically USAT is laundering the money for a fee. 14% is a high number. Why not do 4 and 4. It sounds more reasonable to get 92% using their program than 86%.
I agree that revue should be raised to support a National Team. This could help, but a high cut will not encourage anyone to use the program. Take what you can but dont be greedy. There is enough money flowing throughout the program if it is spent reasonably.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok so Stu's Honda wants to donate a hundred dollars to my school. Instead they give it to USAT and in turn USAT gives me $86 and the rest goes to Administrative fees and Money for the chosen few?

Ok I get the TAX exempt deal and for a school that cant claim donations as non profit (because they are Profit schools). So basically USAT is laundering the money for a fee. 14% is a high number. Why not do 4 and 4. It sounds more reasonable to get 92% using their program than 86%.
I agree that revue should be raised to support a National Team. This could help, but a high cut will not encourage anyone to use the program. Take what you can but dont be greedy. There is enough money flowing throughout the program if it is spent reasonably.

Seems you forgot the paperwork involved...

(no, wait, for the honor of giving away money I fill out a grant application?!)

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seems you forgot the paperwork involved...

(no, wait, for the honor of giving away money I fill out a grant application?!)

:hb:my bad.... seems I was "streamlining" the process.... what was I thinking:duh:

Latest Discussions