Good starter bike.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's a question for ya. Do you treat the seat and other leather on your bike with anything to protect it from the rain? Obviously I won't use Armor All on it. I'd kinda like to be able to remain seated on the bike on a curve or when using the brakes. ;)

I don't treat the seat with ANYTHING!!! I will wipe it off if its dirty, but that's it.. Your center of gravity will keep you on the bike...When you tell us what bike you finally get we can impart secrets of riding on you...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't treat the seat with ANYTHING!!! I will wipe it off if its dirty, but that's it.. Your center of gravity will keep you on the bike...When you tell us what bike you finally get we can impart secrets of riding on you...

What Drac said. :ubercool:

Oh and another thing I always wore gloves, un-insulated for summer insulated for colder rides

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. As I said it's looking like early spring for the purchase so I'll have to bookmark this thread to resurrect it then. Wow, 5 pages of this thread. I had no idea that my simple question would generate this much conversation. Feel free to throw out random facts/trivia/ideas here until I actually buy the thing. ;)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NO problems...Keep us posted...Also look into getting a small tool kit to carry on your ride...They make kits especially for motorcycle, make sure it includes a tire patch kit cause Fix-A-Flat doesn't work on motorcycles, trust me on this one...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. As I said it's looking like early spring for the purchase so I'll have to bookmark this thread to resurrect it then. Wow, 5 pages of this thread. I had no idea that my simple question would generate this much conversation. Feel free to throw out random facts/trivia/ideas here until I actually buy the thing. ;)

No problems letch..Motorcycle riding is NOT as difficult as people make it out to be, if you can ride a bicycle and shift a manual transmission you have the sklls you need to get started..I have taught dozens of people how to ride, even had to undue the teachings of some so called instructors...

Too many people will pay money to attend a school, and that's cool BUT you can teach yourself easily...The most difficult task will be starting and shifting aka clutch and throttle management...A day of so in deserted parking lot will accomplishment that..Once you have that task down GET OUT OF THE LOT AND ONTO THE STREET..That's where the real learning begins...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NO problems...Keep us posted...Also look into getting a small tool kit to carry on your ride...They make kits especially for motorcycle, make sure it includes a tire patch kit cause Fix-A-Flat doesn't work on motorcycles, trust me on this one...

That is so true
icon14.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

true dat

Oh and if you find yourself in the middle of a swamp, stalled and sinking fast... make sure that there is not a stick jammed between the frame and the break lever…… oh wait…. We’re talking street riding not insane off road stuff… sorry about that :D

Latest Discussions