Good Martial Arts University In North Carolina

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
This looks like a good martial arts university in North Carolina. Looking for feedback on what other people think of it. Depending on where you go North Carolina can be a crazy place so its good to know this sort of stuff if you go there.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s hard to say whether this school (I refuse to call it a “university“, because it’s not) is any good or not, because there is zero information on the website telling what martial art they teach, what the instructor’s qualifications are, or what the training is like. There’s a bunch of generic marketing speak about the benefits of martial arts in general, in an all things for all people sense, but nothing indicating what they actually teach.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like generic marketing garbage with not much real information. And what information there is doesn't make me want to train there.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What makes it look good to you? Is it the audacity to call it a "university"? Is it the complete lack of information about what they teach? The lack of qualifications, or a class schedule?

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like generic marketing garbage with not much real information. And what information there is doesn't make me want to train there.
Well you would want to train somewhere if you're ever in North Carolina, it can get rough there depending on where you go.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well you would want to train somewhere if you're ever in North Carolina, it can get rough there depending on where you go.
A - I am already fairly well trained.
B - Chic-Chic-POW beats any unarmed art.
C - If I were looking for a school, this website would inspire me to look elsewhere.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its still good to have somewhere you can train if you're traveling.
No. It is good to have someplace GOOD that you can train. The web site you provided doesn't offer any reason whatsoever to think it's good. It does offer a number of red flags, though
You have to have it with you in the first place.
That's kind of the point behind having the CHP in the first place...
In some areas in North Carolina carrying a weapon can get you in trouble.
NC is a "Shall Issue" state.
NC recognizes a CHP from any state and actively encourages other states to recognize NC permits.
Obeying the Concealed Carry Laws of whatever state you're in is always mandatory, and never difficult.
So your comment seems more than a little silly.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
NC is a "Shall Issue" state.
NC recognizes a CHP from any state and actively encourages other states to recognize NC permits.
Obeying the Concealed Carry Laws of whatever state you're in is always mandatory, and never difficult.
So your comment seems more than a little silly.
Again that depends where you are in the state. If you're in downtown Charlotte you can expect them to not be all that gun friendly. Even if you do have a CCW there will be all sorts of sensitive areas where you can't carry, we see that happening in New York. This is ironic since downtown Charlotte is one of the more rough areas in NC if not perhaps the roughest area. I used to live right next door in Gastonia.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Again that depends where you are in the state.
No, it doesn't. No matter where you are in the state, NC remains a Shall Issue state, they still recognize permits from every other state, and you still have a responsibility to obey the law.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. No matter where you are in the state, NC remains a Shall Issue state, they still recognize permits from every other state, and you still have a responsibility to obey the law.
You are aware of sensitive areas aren't you? Those are areas where you're not allowed to carry even if you have a carry permit. Places such as sports stadiums, schools, areas of worship, all government buildings, and other areas fall under that category.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are aware of sensitive areas aren't you? Those are areas where you're not allowed to carry even if you have a carry permit. Places such as sports stadiums, schools, areas of worship, all government buildings, and other areas fall under that category.
You're aware of what "obey the law" means, aren't you?
#facepalm

Latest Discussions