good bye to wing chun....

PreservedK

White Belt
Reaction score
Hah ha, stopped doing MT last year to start back in WC. Now I am teaching my MT teacher WC! Unfortunately for me he is picking it up really fast practically knocked me ou a few times. Really these styles share some DNA and can fill in the deficiencies of each other. I will start up again with MT again soon....have to agree though that 2 months isn't enough time to know anything...

Reaction score
Hah ha, stopped doing MT last year to start back in WC. Now I am teaching my MT teacher WC! Unfortunately for me he is picking it up really fast practically knocked me ou a few times. Really these styles share some DNA and can fill in the deficiencies of each other. I will start up again with MT again soon....have to agree though that 2 months isn't enough time to know anything...

Well , I read your OP and i know one thing ... if you're gonna do muay thai you better know that it is a commitment , infact anything that you intend to work on and get better at is a coomitment that requires alot of hard work and dedication ... though i don't understand how you think wing chun isn't physical , i've been practicing almost every day for a few months and i do pre workout conditioning , warm ups , the training itself and then the warm down of the specific muscles i used that day and i can tell you two things:

1. developing my stance into a structure that manifests the support of the entire body took me some conditioning and work.
2. it isn't the wing chun that isn't physical , its the way people practice it without doing proper warm ups and conditioning excercises , though i'm a just a beginner student at wing chun , what i learnt while training parkour is that when you take an art you make it your own , if you want it to be physical then make it physical!

Ofcourse i donot think muay thai is ineffective , infact muay thai training from the looks of it is pretty repetitive and physical ... i took a page out of the muay thai book though , before my excercises i do 3 sets of 15 pull ups into leg raises that is an excercise the muay thai guys are pretty fond of , good for the arms and core. :)

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good bye to wing chun.? I see no problem. Good bye.

joy chaudhuri