Goals for 2014!

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
What are your TKD goals for 2014? I thought it might be interesting to hear what everyone would like to accomplish this coming year.

For me, I want to continue to improve my hamstring flexibility (for front kicks and axe kicks) and my coordination on clockwise tornado and spinning hook kicks.

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Overall improvement aside....I want to be able to do splits, but most of all I wanna get back into a training regimen. I was inable to train for about 6 months due to an injury and that time made me far too sedentary. I've been breaking this poor work ethic but by spring of 2015 my goal is to have it gone and be back on track

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a relatively new student who attained 1st geup at a local dojang. They have a very militaristic and commercial attitude (mandatory internal tourneys with $100 sign ups, and what I'd consider borderline (at best) verbal abuse) which is why she left.
They've also taught her some TEARABLE habits so far as stances and techniques go. Like a high block being almost straight up in the air.
She's not quite 13 so she's got years before we would test her for black belt. My goal is to fix the horrid things they taught her and get her caught up to our 5th geups in 2014. Along the way, I'd like to undo some of the humiliation. She makes it clear on a regular basis that she's surprised not to be yelled at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

TKDTony2179

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My goal for 2014 is to continue to grow my school from 16 students to 50 students. I am signing the lease tomorrow for the building so I hope everything goes well. Also in mean time I plan on opening adult fitness class of kickboxing. Surprisingly, most adults in my area really don't want the belt, testing, and tournaments. Go figure huh?

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Fly to Korea and pay less than 400 for my 6th Dan test!(and pass of course)

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have a relatively new student who attained 1st geup at a local dojang. They have a very militaristic and commercial attitude (mandatory internal tourneys with $100 sign ups, and what I'd consider borderline (at best) verbal abuse) which is why she left.
They've also taught her some TEARABLE habits so far as stances and techniques go. Like a high block being almost straight up in the air.
She's not quite 13 so she's got years before we would test her for black belt. My goal is to fix the horrid things they taught her and get her caught up to our 5th geups in 2014. Along the way, I'd like to undo some of the humiliation. She makes it clear on a regular basis that she's surprised not to be yelled at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I think it's great she has someone like you to count on and help get her back on track!! :)

OP
G

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Also in mean time I plan on opening adult fitness class of kickboxing. Surprisingly, most adults in my area really don't want the belt, testing, and tournaments. Go figure huh?
I had joined a club after seeing a few classes. Most were traditional classes, but I saw a cardio-kickboxing class to music. The cardio-kickboxing classes were done whenever one particular instructor was there. I enjoyed the regular classes, but didn't like the cardio-kickboxing, as I felt that doing kicks to music put too much emphasis on speed rather than working on the technique.

With that said, I don't particularly want a belt. I would enjoy a club that did kickboxing (not too music) without too much regard to belts.

Latest Discussions