Setting new goals

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am fixing my left foot right now so I am off the mat, this is giving me time to ask myself about my new goal or goals now that I got what I wanted (2dan BB).

Talking about TKD my new goals are simpler: a) keep working and improving my flexibility because I want to do better kicks... yes the hard ones, the high kicks and maybe some spining/jumping high kicks. b) improving my poomse, I have to work hard here cause I want to compete in this area at local matches. My third goal I am not so sure so I will talk about it with my sambonim, he wanted to keep me as a referee/judge area but I want to set up a class of dad's only and want to be the instructor.

Manny

dosk3n

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a goal of getting to sifu grade by the time Im 29. Some how this probably wont happen but its a goal. Im 24 now and been doing WC for a year. You can learn the system in about 6 years so it is possible I guess, just a low possibility.

The way I see it. You dont have to reach your goal but its good to have somthing to aim to.

rlp271

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's all about time. The more time you're able to put in daily, the better you'll get. Remember that perfect practice makes perfect. You can do something 10,000, but if 9,000 of those were sloppy, you still have a lot of work to do haha. Kicking is one of those things that just takes a ton of reps. This is especially true of the more complicated and difficult kicks.

As for dosk3n, I'd say you can do it. You just have to practice many hours every day without fail. Takes a lot of discipline, but it can definitely be done. Good luck to both of you!

Latest Discussions