"GM" Leung Ting - A big Fake?

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who cares mate ?
Bringing that stuff up is just trying to start an argument , i thought we were all beyond that .

OP
D

Dansel

White Belt
Reaction score
get a grip, this is a discussion forum.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really all that interesting considering all the infighting involved with all of the various Wing Chun/Wing Tsun organizations.

Let them have their own feud. I have no time for it.
icon13.gif

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
dansel

as far as i can see from that article,the question seems to me if he was eligible to be head of the school,not if he was some sort of fake .

he tried to bite of more that he could chew and got found out ...end of

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not really all that interesting considering all the infighting involved with all of the various Wing Chun/Wing Tsun organizations.

Let them have their own feud. I have no time for it.
icon13.gif
Neither does the board. If you were to read the rules, especially the last bullet point here, you'll see that MT isn't in the business of "fraud busting" or "rank validation". Now, a good discussion on how much damage is done to the MA community as a result of bogus claims and in fighting as a result of stuff like your link... that might be a good discussion.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
get a grip, this is a discussion forum.
Well then, how 'bout some honest, productive discussion, rather than a reference to another forum where they pretty much think all Wing Chun/Tsun is bogus!

Besides, the inspiration for that whole thread was an article in a very political Hong Kong Kung-Fu magazine. Whatever you think of Leung Ting, he is a major figure in WC/WT/VT today, and it would be silly to dismiss him as a "fake". Now, if you disagree with particular claims he may have made, his commercialized marketing of the style, and so forth, that seems legitimate. But, why bother. You'll never resolve those issues here.

Personally, I'm a whole lot more interested in what we can share and learn from each other, rather than in tearing each other down. This last weekend I assisted in giving an eskrima demonstration at a regional Filipino martial arts "gathering" organized by a friend. Practitioners of many branches of the FMAs were present including some renowned figures. Everyone was friendly, helpful and encouraging...even those from very different systems. Now if we WC/WT people could learn to work together like that, it would be really something!

Journeyman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Leung Ting---->Milan Prosenica---->Crocop

Obviously the only way to settle this is for some wing chunner to put a beatdown on Crocop.:mst:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How and why does this bother anybody, let him be and go on with your lifes.

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't care where you are from...he is no fake...the proof is in the pudding....tell you what....without telling anyone,please visit one of his schools in person..participate....then tell us what you think.Still don't know what this bashing bullsh#@t is all about.Check out anyone of his schools,no REALLY!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folks, at this point, there's not much point talking to the OPer. Note that he's now a Banned User, and is in no position to respond to your well-taken points! :wink1:

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
think this thread has been blown out of all propotion,if dansel think its fake,wich personaly is the wrong word to use,its no big deal we all adult enough to explain the situation without a panic.

there no bashing going on as far as im concerned ,if your from leung ting lineage,educate in a calm way,and move on . we supposed to be martial artists who can defend our corner and use a bit of rational.

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Cripes!!
I'm infamous for not having much time for Leung Ting, but I don't think this is a bash on him

Many wing chun instructors come under intense scrutiny and it is never a bad thing to get things out in the open. I have seen people bash Kevin Chan (my master) for using BJJ or being too aggressive etc.

All I say to these people is go and see him in person and make your own judgement

I have seen Leung Ting so I know what he is like. I will never be a fan

Yet those who read one article and make a judgement based on that either have no common sense or really need to live life a bit more

The original post seemed to be an eager wing chunner who had seen an article and was interested as to what people thought of the article. He didn't ask what people thought of Leung Ting (unlike another post on here which seems to have never raised an eyebrow)

graychuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score

:lfao::lfao::lfao:

Folks, at this point, there's not much point talking to the OPer. Note that he's now a Banned User, and is in no position to respond to your well-taken points! :wink1:

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, he's been involved in the Board of Directors of the Ving Tsun Athletic Association (VTAA) in Hong Kong, and has been the president for a few terms...

I guess they forgave him a long time ago.

His Wing Chun is very good. His students have very good Wing Chun. 'Nuff said.

Latest Discussions