GM Lee, Kyu Hyung

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I ran across this video:
& a few others on youtube about GM Lee, Kyu Hyung. I've tried to find out more about him, but couldn't find out much. Does anyone have a bio on him or know more about him?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Master K

Green Belt
Reaction score
I ran across this video:
& a few others on youtube about GM Lee, Kyu Hyung. I've tried to find out more about him, but couldn't find out much. Does anyone have a bio on him or know more about him?

Thanks.

Here some info:

He is a World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) stylist. He holds a 9th Dan from the Kukkiwon. The form he is performing is called Hansoo translated to mean water. I have a book from Korea that has him doing the advanced level forms such as Hansoo and Ilyo. Unfortunately, the book doesn't have his bio.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Patrick K.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
GM Lee is the head of the Kukkiwon's Demonstration Team. He lectured about the value and means of demonstrating TKD at the Foreigner Instructor Course I attended. He also performed Hansoo during the nearly 2 hour demonstration that the Team put on for the course attendees. He choreographed the TKD demonstration at the Opening Ceremonies for the 1988 Seoul Olympics-the largest demonstration of TKD ever. Recently, he co-authored a Text on Poomsae which is available through Turtle Press.

He is the personification of a Taekwondo grand master.

Miles

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I ran across this video:

Thanks.

Whoah...that spear hand break was AWESOME!!! The granite one was good too!!!
--josh

Master K

Green Belt
Reaction score
GM Lee is the head of the Kukkiwon's Demonstration Team. He lectured about the value and means of demonstrating TKD at the Foreigner Instructor Course I attended. He also performed Hansoo during the nearly 2 hour demonstration that the Team put on for the course attendees. He choreographed the TKD demonstration at the Opening Ceremonies for the 1988 Seoul Olympics-the largest demonstration of TKD ever. Recently, he co-authored a Text on Poomsae which is available through Turtle Press.

He is the personification of a Taekwondo grand master.

Miles

Thanks for the info Master Miles. By the way, I have heard a lot of good things about you. And I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Thanks,
Patrick K.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Master Miles. By the way, I have heard a lot of good things about you. And I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Thanks,
Patrick K.

Yes Miles is one of the best people in the world, has alot of great knowledge and info.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've been very lucky to have wonderful instructors and seniors.

Here is a photo I took of GM Lee at the Kukkiwon.
Miles

Attachments

• $KKW Pictures 024.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 136

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The initial impression that came out of my mouth when I saw the spearhand break won't make it through the obscenity filter.

Suffice it to say that I was very impressed!

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the photo, Miles. That must have been quite an experience.

:asian:

Latest Discussions