Glock 43: single stack 9mm

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The newer 9mm ammo that was tested had deeper "wound channels" on the gel used. I also believe there was more mushrooming of the round as well. Whether or not those would be considered statistically significant is another issue.

Gel is good. Gel testing is useful. But I'm talking about the human body.
In the OR, or autopsy, it is impossible to tell the difference between a 9mm wound and a .45 wound except by measuring the bullet.
The wounds cannot be differentiated.
That's what really matters.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

CatNap

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Looks like it's finally being released...

GLOCK 43 Single Stack 9mm GunUp the Magazine

I like how the dimensions are kept very similar to its cousin, the Glock 42 (also a single stack, chambered in the .380 ACP).

A weight of 16 ounces, combined with a locked breech mechanism should make the shooting experience quite manageable, since the recoil shouldn't be too strong at all for a pistol of this small size.

Not buying...Glock made us wait too long that I've found there are better options. I'll take the Beretta compact any day over a limited capacity single stack. I actually don't have a problem with the Beretta's size and weight and I haven't seen any great advantage that their new release has over the 19/26 - both of which I have...

Laura

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not buying...Glock made us wait too long that I've found there are better options. I'll take the Beretta compact any day over a limited capacity single stack. I actually don't have a problem with the Beretta's size and weight and I haven't seen any great advantage that their new release has over the 19/26 - both of which I have...

Laura
LOL Only gun I hate more then Glock

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do they ever use the .357 Magnum? I believe departments used to carry that but not so much anymore. I wonder if Glock will ever make a model that uses that cartridge.

Glock has a model in the .357 SIG, which allegedly duplicates the ballistics of a .357 magnum. The .357 magnum, however, is basically a rimmed revolver round. It's unlikely Glock will bother with it.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glock has a model in the .357 SIG, which allegedly duplicates the ballistics of a .357 magnum. The .357 magnum, however, is basically a rimmed revolver round. It's unlikely Glock will bother with it.
Well for a semi automatic .357 magnum I would use the Coonan. Aside from being a semiautomatic in the .357 magnum caliber it also uses rimmed cartridges like a revolver.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Correct and I agree. Glock model 31, 32 and 33 are .357 SIG. It uses a redesigned 9mm bullet (actually .355) on a necked down .40 case. Ballistic equivalent of the .357 magnum for all intents and purposes. However, it is more of a niche gun these days and not widely used. IIRC the Secret Service uses (or used) .357 SIG. I don't recall if they still do or not. Not that it's necessarily a bad platform or round, but ammunition is quite expensive and not as readily available as more common service rounds like 9mm, .40 S&W or .45ACP.

I had a 32 at one time but quickly came to the conclusion of 'what's the point'? Like DD stated above, there is very little difference in terminal ballistics between service calibers. Having been in the O.R. taking chain-of-custody of rounds taken of bad guys I've seen first hand that this is generally true. So why pay twice what 9mm ammo costs when you get about the same results? Particularly when .357 SIG has greater recoil which means fast, accurate, controllable follow up shots are effected. I traded it off for something else years ago.

Glock 'could' make a pistol in .357 magnum...but why would they? .357 magnum semi-autos are niche guns at best so the market would be exceptionally small.