George Dillman getting knocked out

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I could be missing something but it looked like a simple shuto to the side of the neck. Nothing magic about knocking someone down with that, especially if they've already been mentally prepped to fall down.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like how he lifts his foot up and moves it out of the way so he can fall down after getting "knocked out"

OP
T

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I could be missing something but it looked like a simple shuto to the side of the neck. Nothing magic about knocking someone down with that, especially if they've already been mentally prepped to fall down.

I don't believe he was mentally prepped at all. I believe this was a simple demonstration of Kyusho.

As for the Ukemi, I don't know. It somewhat looks like it, but doesn't look like he easily got back up again. Looking at other knock out footage, its about the same reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder how old that clip is
interseting to see the two togeather on the floor

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't believe he was mentally prepped at all. I believe this was a simple demonstration of Kyusho.

That it was, a standard demo of Kyusho, but not a physical KO.

As for the Ukemi, I don't know. It somewhat looks like it, but doesn't look like he easily got back up again. Looking at other knock out footage, its about the same reaction.

And they do the same thing. When people get KOed they do not step out of the way or fall cleanly like that. Watch how boxers and MMA fighters fall when they get KOed, the knees buckle out and the go straight down, not gracefully lie down like these guys.

It's all in there head.

OP
T

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This isn't a boxing match.

and when the people fall in these demos it is far from graceful. There just not getting throttled and thrown to the ground. It certainly wasn't like this:

I do not believe Mr.Dillman was expecting this.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like how he lifts his foot up and moves it out of the way so he can fall down after getting "knocked out"

Maybe this needs to go to The Great Debate in order to get to the bottom of Oyata's credentials? That would be an interesting thread for all parties involved.

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This isn't a boxing match.

and when the people fall in these demos it is far from graceful. There just not getting throttled and thrown to the ground. It certainly wasn't like this:

I totally agree, in the emergency room we often see patients on a daily basis, who have passed out, with huge lumps on their heads, and black eyes, broken noses. People generally fall straight back or straight forward when they pass out, where ever their weight has shifted.
It as a common practice to twist the patients nipple (this is the stuff in the trauma room you don’t see.) of patients to see if they are aware of any stimulus or to see if and suspected faker, is faking unconsciousness.
Another test is to hold the patients hand directly above their face and drop it. An unconscious person, the hand falls right on there nose. A patient faking unconsciousness,
will let the hand fall to the side of their face, or on their chest or side.
I have long been suspicious of Dillman.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ifted.
It as a common practice to twist the patients nipple (this is the stuff in the trauma room you don’t see.) of patients to see if they are aware of any stimulus or to see if and suspected faker, is faking unconsciousness.

You came very close to owing me a new keyboard with that :p

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then its a good thing he didn't tell you about the catheter... ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn, I just repped you for something else... Carol, you're going to have to cut down on reppable one-liners and such... I can't keep up with 'em!

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice video!!!! I was there. It was at Mr. Oyata's annual seminar in Kansas City area and Dillman had been there all day taking notes and getting information on his recorder...but he hadn't done any physical training at all. Not a single drop of sweat.

So....several of us conspired and suggested to Master Oyata that he use "Georgie" for his uke at the kyusho demo. He agreed, not knowing what we were up to.

The strike to Dillman's neck was made with the tips of the first two fingers...nice shot.

It just warms my cockels to see this again. Thanks!

:angel:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe this needs to go to The Great Debate in order to get to the bottom of Oyata's credentials? That would be an interesting thread for all parties involved.

From what I've heard, Oyata Sensei is a REAL kyusho master. People I respect greatly have been totally impressed with his knowledge. I am curious as to his background though. It'd be nice to see where all that comes from...

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oyata is a "real" Kyusho master, and I have met people who have done some training in the Okinawian arts in country.

Anyway, "real" Kyusho is not rocket science or magic tricks; it's simple effects of hitting people in vital areas. If you smash someone on the side of their neck or base of the skull and cause the brain to slosh around, you'll likely get a knock out, or some stars and a black out.

People just make this out to be more then it is, that's all.

My take, anyhow...

C.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oyata is a "real" Kyusho master, and I have met people who have done some training in the Okinawian arts in country.

Anyway, "real" Kyusho is not rocket science or magic tricks; it's simple effects of hitting people in vital areas. If you smash someone on the side of their neck or base of the skull and cause the brain to slosh around, you'll likely get a knock out, or some stars and a black out.

People just make this out to be more then it is, that's all.

My take, anyhow...

C.

Hey Paul you are definately right on here. Oyata is the real deal with Kyusho but the truth of the matter is that this is not rocket science and or magic but really rather simple stuff just like you pointed out. One even has to ask if it is good to knock these people out so often? Does it predispose them to being knocked out in a real confrontation? Is it potentially causing them to maybe have a concussion? If so then maybe these individuals should rethink what they are doing at seminars.

Bottom line I can teach someone to knock someone else out in less than twenty seconds if the other person just stands there. (nothing secret and really nothing special) Now teach someone how to do that against a resisting attacker and they are successful, well that is special!
icon6.gif

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score

You honestly believe he had no idea what was coming? He was asked to stand there while Oyata Sensei demonstrated technique but Dillman somehow believed he wasn't actually involved in what was about to happen?

I'm not questioning anyone's ability or guilabilty here and there's no need to be defensive.

Latest Discussions