[yt]n9mER2BmNRA[/yt]

OP
Zoran

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you watch to the end, you will see a guy choked out and he wets his pants. At least he gets a patch for it.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
object%3E

Last edited by a moderator:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gene Lebell is a regular at a martial arts supply place in North Hollywood. A real genuinely nice guy who, even at his age, is no one to mess around with.

One thing I don't get about his seminars. His calling card is choking out everyone. People seem to stand in line to wait to be choked out by him. What's the appeal? He can choke people out. He's good at it. If I see him choke someone out I don't need to have him "prove it" by choking me out too. I believed him the 1st time.

Last edited:
OP
Zoran

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I don't get about his seminars. His calling card is choking out everyone. People seem to stand in line to wait to be choked out by him. What's the appeal? He can choke people out. He's good at it. If I see him choke someone out I don't need to have him "prove it" by choking me out too. I believed him the 1st time.

It's a celebrity thing I guess. You get a patch if he chokes you out.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh a patch! I get it now. Makes perfect sense when you put it like that.:uhyeah:

It says 'I got choked out by Gene Lebell and all I got was this lousy patch (and wet pants!)'

JohnASE

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, Zoran! I don't remember that story.

I trained with Gene when I was a kid, back in the 70's. He was teaching at LACC then. I never had the honor of being choked out by him though.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I heard he gave Steven Segal some dirty pants once on a movie set. Hope "the ponytail" got a patch for that too.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I heard he gave Steven Segal some dirty pants once on a movie set. Hope "the ponytail" got a patch for that too.

I don't know about a patch, but i'm sure he should have gotten an ounce or two more humility after the experience. Whether he did or not is a different story.

Latest Discussions